What have you done to your mustang today?

RedfireV8

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome! Glad to hear a shipping company actually exceeding expectations for once haha.

Sent using Tapatalk

lol I know right?!

Thx! :thumb2: I ordered the ford racing version.

powered_by_ford2.jpg

Can't find any faux gas caps that I like. I'm trying to see if I can get an embossed overlay for it. I did a mock-up in vinyl...hopefully I can get it made up

2015-03-30%2014.07.07.jpg

Nice. :thumb: Didn't know Ford Racing had their own version. May have to swap mine for their version. Like the gas cap idea too!

K_Brogoitti

forum member
Reaction score
Driving down the road and the car falls on its face and dies. I'm pretty sure my high pressure line came off my fuel hat again. Anyone else have an issue like this with the S and H AEM 320 pump setup?

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
Driving down the road and the car falls on its face and dies. I'm pretty sure my high pressure line came off my fuel hat again. Anyone else have an issue like this with the S and H AEM 320 pump setup?

Same exact situation happened to me on several occasions, I just learned to carry the necessary tools with me so I could fix it on the spot and move on. It was frustrating and I would worry that it would pop off during a WOT run. I tried multiple different style fuel hose clamps.

Last edited:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score

powered_by_ford2.jpg

Can't find any faux gas caps that I like. I'm trying to see if I can get an embossed overlay for it. I did a mock-up in vinyl...hopefully I can get it made up

Check with www.emblempros.com they may be able to do an insert for ya for the fake gas cap ... I know they make them for the '10-'14's

JimC

Reaction score
I didn't do any actual work myself on the car - but did get a call from MRT with good news and not so great news. The new engine is in my 2013, and everything plumbed up ready to go! The not so great news: after filling the oil they discovered a crack in the oil pan. Looks like sitting on a pallet going cross country in a truck wasn't kind on the cast aluminum pan.

So they pulled the oil pan off the old engine and are swapping them. No surprise that there were pieces of metal in the old pan. Scott said it looked like mostly piston skirt pieces, so more damage to the pistons than I thought (I thought it was the top ring land coming apart). He turned the manual boost controller all the way down just in case. I wrote to Hellion asking them to confirm that the waste gate spring is really an 8lb spring and not higher.

Count

forum member
Reaction score
I didn't do any actual work myself on the car - but did get a call from MRT with good news and not so great news. The new engine is in my 2013, and everything plumbed up ready to go! The not so great news: after filling the oil they discovered a crack in the oil pan. Looks like sitting on a pallet going cross country in a truck wasn't kind on the cast aluminum pan.

So they pulled the oil pan off the old engine and are swapping them. No surprise that there were pieces of metal in the old pan. Scott said it looked like mostly piston skirt pieces, so more damage to the pistons than I thought (I thought it was the top ring land coming apart). He turned the manual boost controller all the way down just in case. I wrote to Hellion asking them to confirm that the waste gate spring is really an 8lb spring and not higher.

That sucks but good thing they caught it now instead of later :thumb2:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Jim,

Man I hope things with your's gets straightened out.

Terry

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

powered_by_ford2.jpg

I like those! Where did you order from?

K_Brogoitti

forum member
Reaction score
Same exact situation happened to me on several occasions, I just learned to carry the necessary tools with me so I could fix it on the spot and move on. It was frustrating and I would worry that it would pop off during a WOT run. I tried multiple different style fuel hose clamps.
Glad to know I wasn't going crazy and someone else had the same issue. Good idea carrying the tools to fix it. I have the same worry about it coming off during a WOT run.... Not so nice things could happen motor wise. Luckily enough I had literally just turned down the street from work when it happened. I see a GT500 fuel setup in my future.

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
Glad to know I wasn't going crazy and someone else had the same issue. Good idea carrying the tools to fix it. I have the same worry about it coming off during a WOT run.... Not so nice things could happen motor wise. Luckily enough I had literally just turned down the street from work when it happened. I see a GT500 fuel setup in my future.

You can't go wrong with the GT500 setup. Good choice.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back