What have you done to your mustang today?

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Got my FRPP front lowers on. Steering is much more responsive now. Just have to get it aligned tomorrow since we ran out of time today. I have all the crap to do my plugs now except for a set of feeler gauges and I need to buy a hole saw to install the air tube from my shaker to the stock airbox. Busy freaking week for the car.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Finished off my install. Got the Moog tie rod ends installed. Pretty sure my stock ones were more than toast after 100k miles. Should have done all of this a long ass time ago. Just need to take it in for an alignment later after picking my wife up from the airport.

image-10_zps65b15724.jpg

Mine look like that haha

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Got my FRPP front lowers on. Steering is much more responsive now. Just have to get it aligned tomorrow since we ran out of time today. I have all the crap to do my plugs now except for a set of feeler gauges and I need to buy a hole saw to install the air tube from my shaker to the stock airbox. Busy freaking week for the car.

How hard was the Install? I might be doing the same pretty soon when the time comes to buy new tires

Mine look like that haha

As easy of an install as this was, I'm surprised I waited this long knowing they were probably gone about 40k miles ago

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
How hard was the Install? I might be doing the same pretty soon when the time comes to buy new tires

Not that bad. You'll have to take the rack bolts completely out. Air hammer with a pickle fork attachment made removing the ball joints from the spindle 1000000000 time easier. I wasn't getting anywhere with just a fork and hammer. I had a little trouble with one of the front bolts. It was seized in there pretty good and took impacts and heat to get out. Aside from that, not that bad.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score

As easy of an install as this was, I'm surprised I waited this long knowing they were probably gone about 40k miles ago

What did they run you?

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
What did they run you?

They are about $40 a side.

$46.28 shipped through rock auto :beerchug2:

For both

Just left the tire shop. They said they maxed out the MM plates caster adjustment but got them to about 1.5 on one and 1.3 on the other. Car drives straighter than it ever has and feels great after all of this

Last edited:

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah. Same Moog ones here at the auto parts store we about $36 each also. Been buying a few things from rockauto lately. Next up I'm ordering a new drive belt and some radiator hoses to replace them all when I do the radiator flush

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Test fit the 335/30/19s yesterday, fit with 0 rubbing without any modifying. I will still mess with bump stop bracket for extra clearance... But looks nasty!

Awesome, now if you only had the kind of power that 335's are needed for ... :naughty1:

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Yeah. Same Moog ones here at the auto parts store we about $36 each also. Been buying a few things from rockauto lately. Next up I'm ordering a new drive belt and some radiator hoses to replace them all when I do the radiator flush

I need to do my serpentine belt too. Been through 2 motors, 1 belt lol.

stang389

forum member
Reaction score
removed the shitty made pypes off road x pipe and through it in the trash- what a hunk of shit along with the customer service behind it

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score

What happened to your cai?

Put mine up on stands again. Hopefully things will go my way for a change and I'll get to actually install some stuff. I've started to install my ds and k member on 3 other occasions and something has come up each time.

Last edited:

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dropped it off for another list of stuff to be repaired/fixed/diagnosed/replaced. :/

SolarWar

forum member
Reaction score
Noticed a recent break in attempt on my car, (chipped glass and scuffs on the window) while it was parked in front of my house. So had an autopage/autostart prestige alarm installed! Hopefully if anyone tries it again ill be able to catch em in the act...

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back