What have you done to your mustang today?

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Ghetto rigged my old fuel pump in the passenger side to drain the rest of the tank lol
38b23d6bdedc171e40a2a0830b39ea17.jpg

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
Put power steering back on the car. Whoever said a S197 can't really be a manual steering car if it's street driven was mostly correct. It's possible, but you gotta be on the younger side with a lot of upper body strength.

What it took:

0) I ended up with a 2005-2010 rack, a 1993 Mustang pump, and had to mate the pump end of a 93 Mustang pressure line to the rack end of a 2005-10 pressure line. We simply cut the hose at the rack end of the 93 line and had it crimped onto the rack end of the 2005 line. Crimping cost about $30.

1) We had to clearance the oil pan on the passenger side, AND grind a little material off the fitting boss. This allowed the motor to sit down on the mounts correctly. (I have a Moroso 7qt pan on the car).

2) The rack was a remanufactured part, and the hard lines on it looked like they'd been put through the ringer a bunch of times. They were also positioned in sucha way as to be crushed between the oil pan and the rack. So, we decided to make new lines.

The spousal unit can now drive the car, and I don't have such a hard time getting it into a parking spot.

If anyone wants a lightly used Flaming River manual rack (with the correct steering knuckle for the S197) I'll make you a good deal on it. It would be great for a drag car with skinnies on the front - much lighter than power steering parts.

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
Armor all'd the bottom and inside of my tires:

And put 14" GT500 big brake rotors on my car:

Big brakes on all 4 corners!:omfg::hitit:

At first I was like "wow I cant beleive he has stock LCAs still" then I remembered you would have to drive the car to get any sort of wheel hop.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
opened the box of GT 500 LCA's lol today, thats about as far as i got before I had to go to work :(

K_Brogoitti

forum member
Reaction score
Nice! Snow driven mustangs are cool. Too bad you couldnt buy Toyo Observes from a Les Schwab. They rock harder than blizzaks and are cheaper

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
Installed poly motor mounts, soldered in a 2 ohm resistor into the side air bag circuit, and installed 2010 GT500 mufflers. Not sure I like how far the tips stick out, will probably end up modifying the hangars.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Help me out; those sleeves are so close they appear to be touching at the top or almost like the mold from one sleeve rolls into the other which I don't think is possible...how did they do that?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back