What have you done to your mustang today?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I hear ya, did you ever contact Freddy Brown to see if they could build you one that would hold up to that type of use?

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I hear ya, did you ever contact Freddy Brown to see if they could build you one that would hold up to that type of use?

Nope...I am done with the 4R70W transmission at this point...they are expensive to repair and replace. The powerglide setup is only expensive for the initial swap since I have to get everything...but even the full setup costs less than a fully built 4R70W. It will cost me around $4k for everything but the trans itself rated at 1100hp is only $1500.

And the bonus going with the glide is my engine builder is intimately familiar with them and could fix mine at the track between rounds if I had an issue. He carries a full supply of spare parts with him in his race trailer.

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
Nope...I am done with the 4R70W transmission at this point...they are expensive to repair and replace. The powerglide setup is only expensive for the initial swap since I have to get everything...but even the full setup costs less than a fully built 4R70W. It will cost me around $4k for everything but the trans itself rated at 1100hp is only $1500.

And the bonus going with the glide is my engine builder is intimately familiar with them and could fix mine at the track between rounds if I had an issue. He carries a full supply of spare parts with him in his race trailer.

+1 if I kill my 6R80 I am going glide too.
Very little to break in them and with enough power they are faster by not having to shift but once!
Plus a real no BS lightning fast t-brake is worth it's weight in gold!

Are you keeping a stock case?

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
If my car stays drag I was thinking 4R70. But since once my career is up and going I will be out every weekend, I guess this looks like it won't work.

I know a lot of people go to the glide or the TH400. I think I might still try to keep OD by getting a 4l80 though.

I know they can take power like no other, but something about only having 1.7ish first and then 1:1 2nd seems like it is leaving a lot of the table gear and acceleration wise. Waiting for the day any company comes out with a auto that can run with the glide and has more then 2 forward gears.

I do love talking to people who think they know stuff about drag racing because of magazines, friend circles, and internet, pointing to a 8sec car, and explaining to them that not only the car has an auto, but it only has 2 gears LOL. The 'does not compute' face is priceless.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
For now yes. I don't make crazy power so I should be fine with the stock case. Only made 630 to the wheels at the boost I normally run but probably over 700 with it turned up to run in the 10.0 index.

I'm taking at least another 200lbs out of the car so I may be able to run 10.0 at my lower boost.

itonano

forum member
Reaction score
Polished and tinted driver and passenger Windows..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418686350768.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418686350768.jpg
    466.9 KB · Views: 46
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418686427001.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418686427001.jpg
    486.3 KB · Views: 45

itonano

forum member
Reaction score
Oh ok haha, first time i see that word, went already to the dictionary but got me even more confused haha

SNKPWR

forum member
Reaction score
Started swapping this out

And these

Fun getting the trans low enoughy to get the front shifter arm bolt out

Partial success

Now to finish the rest of the mgw install after taking care of two sick kids out four...

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Took my lights out and tinted them this weekend. Just waiting on the decklid panel to show up now. Heres hoping I don't get rear ended during the day, or pulled over by the cops.

16043781235_8e5ccdc7ab_b.jpg

16018006776_e13262ba37_b.jpg

SNKPWR

forum member
Reaction score
They don't look too dark. I loved the tinted tails on my 07 with the CDC panel

I did finally get the shifter installed late last night. That was a million times more pain in the ass than the three t45/tr3650 direct mount/tr3650 remote mount shifter installs combined! But well worth it in the end, great product.

Last edited:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Hamilton,

Other than the MGW metal bushings, what else are you doing with your shifter?? Meaning what else shifter-wise are your plans?

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Love that ass...

Thanks ;)

They don't look too dark. I loved the tinted tails on my 07 with the CDC panel

That looks great! I haven't had a chance to see them in the sunlight yet. Been cold and dark here all week. I'm thinking about ordering the smoked tails like you have, I just got the tint because it was cheap and I wanted to see how it looked on the car. Still have the headlights to do since it was so cold, and I didn't feel like taking them out.

This is the panel I'm getting, the tints were shopped on for me.

15798541380_f93b0b3a6c_b.jpg

SNKPWR

forum member
Reaction score
Hamilton,

Other than the MGW metal bushings, what else are you doing with your shifter?? Meaning what else shifter-wise are your plans?

Bushings and new mgw shifter, non-race-spec, they ran an awesome discount thanksgiving week and I jumped on it.

Also, that smooth gloss decklid panel is badass!

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
Was being coerced by a Dodge truck this morning to run them at a stop light. Pouring rain outside and all. I have all season tires, but umm, no thank you. It is scary as it is when it is dry out, lol.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back