What have you done to your mustang today?

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
...After that i was planning on a steeda tune.
Don't waste your money with a Steeda tune. I had one, was very basic, customer service took a shit after I asked for some changes too. Gus, who is their main tuner is WAY overrated. I went with Mike Rousch (MAP) afterwards, was night and day. Spend your money on a real tune, not their lame tune.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I know the feeling. GT500's sound great when you go from stock to them, but the other way around, hell they are as quiet as stock right?
They are not much louder then stock IN the car, but outside they are much louder. I went from stock, to Roush (sounded like ass) to GT500's. Then I had the resonators deleted, which made them a little louder and got rid of the bottlenecks.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
They are not much louder then stock IN the car, but outside they are much louder. I went from stock, to Roush (sounded like ass) to GT500's. Then I had the resonators deleted, which made them a little louder and got rid of the bottlenecks.

I will probably do the resonator delete in the summer.

SNKPWR

forum member
Reaction score
How is the quality of that Pypes H? You have any sound clips?

Fit is pretty good, I did have to mess with the leg-to-h connections to seal it but sounds good after I got that squared away. It should be coming off in the next week or so if you want to buy a nice month-old one from me lol. I'm switching to the x to see how I like the sound and the on3 is affordable and also SS like the pypes. If I don't end up liking the sound I'll probably just buck up and spend the dough on the lethal SS h pipe.

Here is my dyno run which gives a pretty good idea of the sound.

D1984

forum member
Reaction score
had les schwab align it since the springs are settled. 56 bucks! cheapest alignment ever. ordered some wheels/tires and gt500 splash guards....

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Don't waste your money with a Steeda tune. I had one, was very basic, customer service took a shit after I asked for some changes too. Gus, who is their main tuner is WAY overrated. I went with Mike Rousch (MAP) afterwards, was night and day. Spend your money on a real tune, not their lame tune.

And Gus is gone, thank God....

D1984

forum member
Reaction score
If Steeda is no good, what's the best tuner that sells an actual tuner and the email tunes, and won't destroy my engine? MAP looks like they only do email tunes for autos, and AED sounds good but I need a laptop for their tunes.

McLovin

forum member
Reaction score
If Steeda is no good, what's the best tuner that sells an actual tuner and the email tunes, and won't destroy my engine? MAP looks like they only do email tunes for autos, and AED sounds good but I need a laptop for their tunes.
I recommend Lund Racing hands down. John and his son are both outstanding at tuning and I've never had better customer service than these guys.

I dont expect this to be the case all the time, but I emailed them a question late one night (around midnight or so) and got an answer back in 10 minutes.

Told them I had an update for my tune. Took less than a day to get the new tune back.

Best money you'll spend on a tune.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
He will need a laptop for a Lund tune as well.

Most tuners use SCT which requires a laptop/computer.

D1984

forum member
Reaction score
Well I have a computer, tablet, and smartphone, but no laptop. I was under the impression that I had to have a laptop hooked up to the car directly with a lot of these tuners...is that not the case?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back