What have you done to your mustang today?

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Make sure Pandora isn't running and make sure your phone isn't linked to Sync (or any other bluetooth device) Once I figured that out, I still had to re-start the phone to get it to work.

On an interesting note though, two of the three monitors that weren't setting up before the non-foulers set up just driving to Church this morning. There are still a couple other monitors to go, but we only drove about 30 miles and we didn't meet all of the conditions for a drive cycle. The 02 sensor monitor and the heated 02 sensor monitor completed.
Hmm, my phone was linked to Sync.

Solid news on the monitors. Keep plugging away at it. I know I am.

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score
On an interesting note though, two of the three monitors that weren't setting up before the non-foulers set up just driving to Church this morning. There are still a couple other monitors to go, but we only drove about 30 miles and we didn't meet all of the conditions for a drive cycle. The 02 sensor monitor and the heated 02 sensor monitor completed.

:thumb2: good to hear

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Pic of the racecraft front end that came in last week. Have to get the motorplate done before putting it in. Car is coming along fast now and should be a bit lighter:

ayou2g.jpg

claudermilk

Reaction score
Make sure Pandora isn't running and make sure your phone isn't linked to Sync (or any other bluetooth device) Once I figured that out, I still had to re-start the phone to get it to work.

Hmm, my phone was linked to Sync.

Solid news on the monitors. Keep plugging away at it. I know I am.

What BT OBD scanner are you using? Phone? Remember that Torque's support wiki specifically recommends against the ebay/Amazon orange and blue label ELM327 cheapies. That said, I was always able to link to my orange label one while it lived. Now I'm running the ScanTool MX with zero issues. Not only does my phone stay linked to Sync, but it's linking to the OBD and GPS all at once--so it can work. Oh, I'm running Android KitKat either on a Galaxy S3 or Droid Turbo.

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
I am running the cheap Orange/Blue ELM327 and think that's the problem. It has linked a couple of times but now I can't get it to work with no changes in the settings.

Got a link to the one you're using now?

RedfireV8

forum member
Reaction score
Installed a GT500 cover to go with the fresh paint! New fluid as well. Bout time as I've been having it for some time now. Miller also had these filled low as not a lot of fluid came out. Most notable by the fact the car is not only quieter but smoother now.

2eyyu8m.jpg

26sjl.jpg

Oh and the jack wasn't holding up the car. It was there as a "spotter" for the jack stands out of frame.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
With the non-foulers and stock tune, it threw a CEL almost immediately after pulling out of my driveway. P0161 "Downstream 02 sensor heater circuit fault/Bank 2" I'm worried I pulled a wire loose when rushing earlier. Kinda wanna burn the car now.

Damn dude, hope you get it squared away.

Thankfully Florida doesn't have emissions testing...

RedfireV8

forum member
Reaction score
Redfire - What did you paint it with? Did you do it while under the car?

Yes sir I sure did. I was going to remove it and paint but decided to go the lazy route... lol I spent some time taking newspaper and painters tape to everything that could get hit with overspray. I made sure that when I would spray it would be at a good angle that only would hit the part I'm spraying and the newspaper. Everything turned out great to be honest. I mean it's not 100%. The ends of the axle are still bare for the most part. I just wanted to spruce up the rear a bit.

I used VHT Rust Converter and some Rustoleum Rusty Metal Primer and Black Acrylic-Spray.

xndr7o.jpg

Last edited:

Jet45

Stang Noob
Reaction score
Uncovered the 'Stang, drove it to work, parked it deep in the parking garage, drove it home, and covered it up again. Lovin' the cover. :thumb2:

claudermilk

Reaction score
I am running the cheap Orange/Blue ELM327 and think that's the problem. It has linked a couple of times but now I can't get it to work with no changes in the settings.

Got a link to the one you're using now?
Yep, that's likely your issue. Here is what I have: https://www.scantool.net/obdlink-mx...Jdox-vrbXC4gO8Cz08EXmXKV8kcTlAgi8caAseN8P8HAQ

Again, I'm mainly using RaceChrono Pro with it now, but it links up every time without fail. I literally plug the thing in and forget about it. I also picked up their 2' right angle cable (https://www.scantool.net/accessories/accessories-cables/cable-j1962m-right-angle-to-j1962f-2ft.html). I leave that plugged in permanently, and have the relocated end zip-tied to the underside of the dash on the right so the reader is pointed at me. Keeps it out of the way while on track (also makes the LEDs visible and connect button more easily accessible).

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Yep, that's likely your issue. Here is what I have: https://www.scantool.net/obdlink-mx...Jdox-vrbXC4gO8Cz08EXmXKV8kcTlAgi8caAseN8P8HAQ

Again, I'm mainly using RaceChrono Pro with it now, but it links up every time without fail. I literally plug the thing in and forget about it. I also picked up their 2' right angle cable (https://www.scantool.net/accessories/accessories-cables/cable-j1962m-right-angle-to-j1962f-2ft.html). I leave that plugged in permanently, and have the relocated end zip-tied to the underside of the dash on the right so the reader is pointed at me. Keeps it out of the way while on track (also makes the LEDs visible and connect button more easily accessible).
Thanks, I'll get one of those.

Yesterday my friend was unable to sync his phone with the new Bluetooth device I bought as well. Strangely though he could sync his phone with his ELM327. We could not sync my phone though with his device.

bigmike06GT

forum member
Reaction score
Towed it to the dealer to get my misfire on #8 checked out just to find out my rings are toast, piston and cylinder are damaged. guess it's rebuild time:mad:

loots06

forum member
Reaction score
Replaced my intake filter for the SC.

I had to remove the heat shield, I gonna work on getting a new one.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back