What have you done to your mustang today?

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
Passed emissions! Went to the vinyl shop but no salesmen were available to get details about a wrap. While out today I noticed the front end clunk/popping, I guess it's time for new sway bar end links.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Had my tune tweaked for my new gears and teeny tiny tweak to fuel at cold start up.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Got some new spark plugs for it.
NGK 6510's
What most boosted Coyote guys run, apparently.
Still have to install them, but at least they're in my possession, gapped to .028-.029, ready for install.

2007grabberGT

forum member
Reaction score
Four wheel alignment after an eibach pro kit install...I was really close, but the dealership dialed it in. Hate to have uneven wear on my Mickey Thompson street comps...

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
At least you guys don't need to roll around on the ground to install parts. You can just jack the car up, put it on stands, and walk under it!

K_Brogoitti

forum member
Reaction score
Wide open throttle run in 4th on the highway to 7k and the clutch pedal sticks to the floor and doesn't come up til I hit my exit. Thoughts? Brake fluid boiling in the throw out bearing? Clutch pedal assembly tsb? Car is a 12 track pack 6m

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Wide open throttle run in 4th on the highway to 7k and the clutch pedal sticks to the floor and doesn't come up til I hit my exit. Thoughts? Brake fluid boiling in the throw out bearing? Clutch pedal assembly tsb? Car is a 12 track pack 6m

Still have the helper spring installed on the clutch pedal?

Mine hasn't done that since removing that spring

Last edited:

K_Brogoitti

forum member
Reaction score
Still have the helper sporting installed on the clutch pedal?

Mine hasn't done that since removing that spring
Yeah it does. I'll remove that on Monday and see what happens. Also still have yet to install my braided clutch line. Thank you sir!

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Today I finally removed the driver side catch can since over the last 1,000 miles it's been bone dry.

Problem I had was that during the installation I had cut the original PCV tube that came with the blower kit, and obtaining another one's proven difficult.
So, I recently found the stock PCV tube from the passenger side of the engine, but it had a 90-degree connector at each end, and to make it work on the driver side I needed to remove one of those 90's and replace it with a straighter one, which I just happened to be using with the driver side catch can hose that went to the intake tube.

So after borrowing somebody's lighter (was doing this at a car show, lol), I used it to heat up the tubing so the 90-degree connector could be removed, and used it again to soften it up so I could insert the straighter connector, which still needed a bit of oil on it so it would go in without pinching the o-ring that's on it.

But I got it done, no more driver side catch can, and the connector that goes to the intake tube now goes in at a straighter angle so it fits better.
Old fitment was somewhat suspect, possibly causing a slight lean condition we recently noticed on the dyno.

Happy "after" pic:

2015-06-26_underhood_zpslirlr0ib.jpg

travelers

Reaction score
That's a hell of place to be working on the car, but looks good. I just installed the same blower on my car 2 weeks ago and I'm going with Peterson breather system but not sure I'm going to eliminate the blower from the system (PVC) or not.

What size is your blower pulley?

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
That's a hell of place to be working on the car, but looks good. I just installed the same blower on my car 2 weeks ago and I'm going with Peterson breather system but not sure I'm going to eliminate the blower from the system (PVC) or not.

What size is your blower pulley?

I was gonna change the plugs at the show too, but decided to hold off, lol

I'm using the 9-psi 3.25" pulley

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
That ^^^ looks awesome.
I plasti-dipped mine so they're dark and I never really clean them.
I prefer that, lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back