What have you done to your mustang today?

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like just bumper cover damage. Thank goodness the sheet metal was twisted as well. Glad you're OK

I began the process of painting my brake calipers red

2ez5MnG.jpg

Long tedious process and I can't believe I'm starting all over with this stuff. Longtube headers are on the way as well.........uggghhhhh

I have heard they are a lot easier on the S550 .... go figure :yeahright:

Saleen520

Reaction score
I am at Brenspeed today getting my BMR K-member, A-arm, dynatech LT headers, catted x-pipe and a 3.4 pulley installed.

Saleen520

Reaction score
Brenspeed, great experience with these guys, I will gladly be making the 4 1/2 trip for future projects.[emoji41][emoji14][emoji3]

JimC

Reaction score
With the Revelare Designs cowl hood everyone was afraid to cut into the hood to fit the Aerocatch flush mount pins. One place agreed to do it, but quoted between $400 and $1,000 just to install the pins. So I opted to go with the more traditional pin. But this is a black pin with a black plate and screws; once I can find a black pin I will swap that too. At 75 MPH I was getting a LOT of hood shake and was concerned that the hood would not stay latched.

It turned out better than expected. I really wanted the Aerocatch, but all the shops were afraid they would stretch the paint and would have to then repaint the hood - or worse, that they would slip just a little and have a major repair to do on what they called a rare hood. I had it up to 90+ doing some data logging and it is much more stable now.

Also got the Koni yellow shocks and struts installed. Car rides better now, and I just need to play with the adjustment a little to find the "right" daily driver setting. If MPT can get the data log read and update the tune in time, maybe I can finally try the turbo at the track this weekend.

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
Installed a set of FR500s that I got in a straight trade for my Bassannis. I loved those Bassannis for 4 years and 30k miles but DAYUM. Made the mistake of thinking I could get them in and out without jacking up the car so that cost me a little time, but it's quite the change considering that I was able to knock them out after work and go for a test drive before dark. Thankfully it was actually nice outside today.

swedensky

forum member
Reaction score
With the Revelare Designs cowl hood...what they called a rare hood...

I oughta slap you. I'd be willing to keep my car and pay big dough for that hood. There's a whole three in existence I can find and yours is one of them...."what they call"....grrrrrrrr

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Ordered Strange 35 spline axles, c-clip eliminators, and spool kit #P3509F05S with ABS reluctor rings, my next project is on the horizon!

JimC

Reaction score
I oughta slap you. I'd be willing to keep my car and pay big dough for that hood. There's a whole three in existence I can find and yours is one of them...."what they call"....grrrrrrrr
LOL

The hood does attract attention! That was why all the shops were afraid to cut it. But with the shaking at highway speed I had to get some pins in it.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
LOL

The hood does attract attention! That was why all the shops were afraid to cut it. But with the shaking at highway speed I had to get some pins in it.

With the pair of cf hood vents on either side, why would it shake at hwy speeds in the 1st place ?? Those vents should relieve under hood pressure.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

JimC

Reaction score
With the pair of cf hood vents on either side, why would it shake at hwy speeds in the 1st place ?? Those vents should relieve under hood pressure.
That was what I thought as well, but the shake is very noticeable. I wonder though if the fact that the CDC grille is so open, with the open Roush lower, and then to clear the turbo hot and cold sides the front air dam under the engine has to be removed, means that there is more air coming up than would be typical is causing it?

Maybe in the spring I can fabricate a new air dam under the engine and see if that helps.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back