What have you done to your mustang today?

BLKBULLITT

forum member
Reaction score
Wasn't today was on Tuesday but I took advantage of American muscles discounts...

Ordered a strut brace
Steeda sport springs
BMR panhard bar/brace
Bmr lower control arms
And some new cam phaser bolts for when the cams get installed

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Motivated by the "Let's talk glass" thread in the detailing section, I thoroughly cleaned the inside of my windows. What a PITB the rear window was.

BMR Tech 2

Kelly's Replacement Lackey
Reaction score
Motivated by the "Let's talk glass" thread in the detailing section, I thoroughly cleaned the inside of my windows. What a PITB the rear window was.

I've been looking at that thread too. My exterior glass is totally screwed right now. Water spots galore that will not come off. Gonna have to go hard with the vinegar and hope it works!

eicht

forum member
Reaction score
I've been looking at that thread too. My exterior glass is totally screwed right now. Water spots galore that will not come off. Gonna have to go hard with the vinegar and hope it works!

I have the same issue with my 01 Cobra. I used steel wool, CLR and all sorts of cleaners. Would not come off.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Today I wanted to take the car out to lunch (day off), take off from the driveway, all of a sudden loud exhaust and scraping sound .
Backed the car back into the driveway and took the truck to lunch.
After lunch I fixed the problem, for now.
The driver side exhaust pipe had fallen out of the wide band clamp that secures it to the H-pipe.

Sounded good though:

All tightened up for now, and I was able to push the pipe in a bit more than it was.
I plan on having some welds done to these though, so this won't happen again.

20151204_exhaust1.jpg

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Those band clamps tend to get loose if you reuse them a few times. You can buy that cheap 'muffler repair tape' from the auto parts store and add a wrap or two around the pipe before slipping it inside the clamp.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Those band clamps tend to get loose if you reuse them a few times. You can buy that cheap 'muffler repair tape' from the auto parts store and add a wrap or two around the pipe before slipping it inside the clamp.

That sucks to hear. Now.
I bought these used to replace my badly rusted ones.
Welding them will fix it too, I guess.
Gonna just do a few tac welds, not a full bead all the way around

travelers

Reaction score
Today I wanted to take the car out to lunch (day off), take off from the driveway, all of a sudden loud exhaust and scraping sound .
Backed the car back into the driveway and took the truck to lunch.
After lunch I fixed the problem, for now.
The driver side exhaust pipe had fallen out of the wide band clamp that secures it to the H-pipe.

Sounded good though:

All tightened up for now, and I was able to push the pipe in a bit more than it was.
I plan on having some welds done to these though, so this won't happen again.

20151204_exhaust1.jpg

I have one that's just a little loose when I found it leaking. I have two new ones just waiting to jump on......

D1984

forum member
Reaction score
did the turkey baster clutch/brake fluid replacement with DOT4. definitely a noticeable improvement in every way. i don't think i even need to install my stainless steel brake line any more, but i'll test out some harder 2-3 shifts later

SNKPWR

forum member
Reaction score

You are absolutely right Brian, I found that (and this was definitely a more pain-in-the-ass method) cutting up a stainless wide exhaust clamp to get a sleeve the right size to fit perfectly over the midpipe tube and inside the clamp helped mine a lot. It's seems that all three (2 Pypes and now On3) midpipes I've have the factory clamp doesn't quite grip causing a very slight exhaust leak and the over axle tube to not be held from rotating. This kept me from being able to keep.the tips from staying where I wanted them, as well as that barely perceptible but EXTREMELY annoying exhaust tick that is one of my biggest car pet peeves. Worked like a charm.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
That sucks to hear. Now.
I bought these used to replace my badly rusted ones.
Welding them will fix it too, I guess.
Gonna just do a few tac welds, not a full bead all the way around

After the first 2 times that happened to me I started tack welding them as well as the axleback.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back