What have you done to your mustang today?

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
Today, and yesterday, and the day before...I had a lot of second thoughts on getting a car seat in and out of the Mustang. I'm afraid it's going to be a huge pain and the car is NEVER going to get driven when baby comes.

I'm afraid a crew cab may be in the driveway within a month or two.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Just installed BMR Performance springs. They are pretty amazing, I dare say they ride better than stock.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 21

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Converted to E85. All I really did was drive the gasoline down to 5 miles left, change the tune and put 4 gallons of E85 in. Drove it long enough for the fuel trims to go back to normal. I'll drive that down to about nothing, run another gas can of E85 and then fill up. Or I'll just fill up depending on what the fuel trims are doing at the end of this 4 gallons.

sdleo29

forum member
Reaction score
Converted to E85. All I really did was drive the gasoline down to 5 miles left, change the tune and put 4 gallons of E85 in. Drove it long enough for the fuel trims to go back to normal. I'll drive that down to about nothing, run another gas can of E85 and then fill up. Or I'll just fill up depending on what the fuel trims are doing at the end of this 4 gallons.

So if you have the right hardware setup it's as changing a tune to go from pump gas to E85?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
So if you have the right hardware setup it's as changing a tune to go from pump gas to E85?

Yes. Pretty much any Ford product made since 2000 will have all the correct components already. That is with the exception of providing for increased fuel flow.

I have a stock fuel pump, stock lines, stock 5.0 injectors. I'll probably need a bap to support the extra fuel requirement at the high end of my rpm range. Might not. I'll do a log when it dries up and see where I am. Just did an 8 gauge power wire and that cut the wot fuel pump duty cycle down by 9% so I might be able to get by without the bap.

I usually see an 18% increase in fuel usage with E85. However, at wot I think it's not as great but I won't know until I can log.

sdleo29

forum member
Reaction score
Yes. Pretty much any Ford product made since 2000 will have all the correct components already. That is with the exception of providing for increased fuel flow.

I have a stock fuel pump, stock lines, stock 5.0 injectors. I'll probably need a bap to support the extra fuel requirement at the high end of my rpm range. Might not. I'll do a log when it dries up and see where I am. Just did an 8 gauge power wire and that cut the wot fuel pump duty cycle down by 9% so I might be able to get by without the bap.

I usually see an 18% increase in fuel usage with E85. However, at wot I think it's not as great but I won't know until I can log.

When I finally get around to putting my motor in the car, it will have a fuel system to support 800HP ...GT500 pumps, the 40amp BAP that I bought from you, the wire upgrade and 1000cc injectors.. I would love to run E85 but I hear your oil gets pretty sludgy . Ultimately I would love to run both 93 pump and E85 and just switch tunes.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
When I finally get around to putting my motor in the car, it will have a fuel system to support 800HP ...GT500 pumps, the 40amp BAP that I bought from you, the wire upgrade and 1000cc injectors.. I would love to run E85 but I hear your oil gets pretty sludgy . Ultimately I would love to run both 93 pump and E85 and just switch tunes.

I've had the catch can get milkshake like during the winter but the engine oil has never been an issue. Bringing the motor up to full operating temp every time the car is driven goes a long ways toward preventing water build up. Having a catch can and monitoring it eliminated any issues for me. I never had an issue in the warmer months, only during the winter when it was below 40 or so degrees.

JUSTA3V

Moar Throttle!
Reaction score
It is recommended to change your oil more frequently while using E85

as for sludge....like this...

My oil still looked perfect when I drained it right after I found this in my catch can.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score

My oil still looked perfect when I drained it right after I found this in my catch can.

I'd have a little of that in the winter but mostly it was watery. I generally change oil in the Mustang every 3000 or so miles anyway.

I've read where some people will go for much longer. I've gone 5000 with the stock motor but having a built motor with pistons that expand to fill the bore as they warm up means more combustion blowby getting in the oil so I change it fairly often.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

5 years I've run mine on LI, oil always comes out fine when changed, you def need a catch can (big one) and you would be better off not using E85 if your making a lot of short trips that will not let the car get up to operating temps for at least 10-15 mins.

who recommends that? I'm a bit ashamed to admit it, I changed my oil about a month ago, first time in near 2 years, it has Amsoil in it, maybe logged 2000 miles on it. Oil came out like any other I've every changed.

For the last few years I've changed it once a year (Amsoil and less than 3000 miles a year), never an issue, even did a few oil analyzer reports and all was good.

Last edited:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
who recommends that? I'm a bit ashamed to admit it, I changed my oil about a month ago, first time in near 2 years, it has Amsoil in it, maybe logged 2 miles on it. Oil came out like any other I've every changed.

For the last few years I've changed it once a year (Amsoil and less than 3 miles a year), never an issue, even did a few oil analyzer reports and all was good.

FIFY:sparta:

JUSTA3V

Moar Throttle!
Reaction score
5 years I've run mine on LI, oil always comes out fine when changed, you def need a catch can (big one) and you would be better off not using E85 if your making a lot of short trips that will not let the car get up to operating temps for at least 10-15 mins.

who recommends that? I'm a bit ashamed to admit it, I changed my oil about a month ago, first time in near 2 years, it has Amsoil in it, maybe logged 2000 miles on it. Oil came out like any other I've every changed.

For the last few years I've changed it once a year (Amsoil and less than 3000 miles a year), never an issue, even did a few oil analyzer reports and all was good.

Couple of engine builders and one tuner I talked to before making the switch. It has to do with the properties of the ethanol. It gets into the oil faster than gasoline.

It's also harder on the plastic components in side the engine I'm told as well.

It's a higher mantenence fuel is what I was told.

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Banana pudding???

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
Today, and yesterday, and the day before...I had a lot of second thoughts on getting a car seat in and out of the Mustang. I'm afraid it's going to be a huge pain and the car is NEVER going to get driven when baby comes.

I'm afraid a crew cab may be in the driveway within a month or two.

Get an extra base for your car and keep it strapped in all the time. You'll only have to get in the back seat once to level it and get it clipped in. After that, it's just a matter of pushing the passenger seat all the way forward, and the baby seat should slide and snap right into the base. Protip: keep the baby seat handle up when it goes in. Otherwise it'll stick into the passenger seat. And you'll need to park where you have plenty of space to open the door, but assuming it's not the only car between you and the mother then it's probably not worth giving up. Source: 6 month old, first child.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Got the H in the JBA H-pipe welded today, then removed the cheap U-clamp that JBA includes, and had the band clamp keeping the H-pipe connected to the over-axle pipes tack-welded to the pipes, to keep the pipes from slipping out of the band clamps again.

Also had the Whiteline trans-mount bushing removed.
No more horrible NVH ... ahh ... nirvana !!!

20151213_weld2.jpeg

20151213_weld3.jpeg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back