What have you done to your mustang today?

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
I kinda thought Ford started the whole retro look with the 2005 Mustang.
I know that when I first saw a 2005 Mustang there was love at first sight and I knew I'd own a Mustang soon.
Took me 7 more years before I finally got one, in August '12, but I got one.

You're right, Gabe. I guess it made it seem like I was saying the Challenger started it. Obviously, the Mustang did. There was no Camaro or Challenger until the 05 S197 started the craze. I think the whole retro thing started with the New Beetle, then the Mini Cooper, then Ford re-ignited the muscle car. What I meant was, I was drawn to the Mustang by the first S197. Now it seems the Mustang and the Camaro are moving away from the retro-theme, which is fine. The Challenger has still retained the nostalgic look, keeping that cool styling alive.

Phil1098

Reaction score
I'm so old I remember clearly when Chrysler tried peddling a cheap rebadged Mitsubishi as a Challenger. The retro thing was so obvious, my buddy in high school (mid 70's) had a 73 Challenger 340 4 barrel 4 speed car. I think we spent more time sideways boiling the tires in that car than going straight ahead. I don't think it's humanly possible to get into an old Challenger with a Hurst pistol grip shifter and act responsibly. We have been saying since 1980, "why doesn't Dodge just make a current Challenger with urethane bumpers, but keep the basic shape of the Challenger with a real American V8?" Ford and Chevy still did the Mustang and the Camaro (although there were quite a few years neither were barely worth owning).

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
ccaa7158245de860382f5e1cedb9f3af.jpg

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Changed the MT82 trans fluid this morning, and glad I did. Quite a bit of metallic shavings in the old fluid, which was in there for about 26-27k miles, and was put in at 10k miles on the car:

20160628_36700mi_trans07a.jpg

20160628_36700mi_trans07b.jpg

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
That's a big box for just that little sticker ;)

The01Cav

forum member
Reaction score
locked my car in the garage after attending a couple of car events this past weekend.

Offrampmotel

forum member
Reaction score
Got a notice from Ford that my dealer had parts in for my airbag recall. I was about to schedule an appointment when I looked and saw the notice was for my 11 GT that I traded 4 years ago, not my 13.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back