What have you done to your mustang today?

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Damn jealous of that progress! I used a PC and couldnt get enough cut to eliminate all the swirls. Slightly disappointed, maybe some light wetsanding would help. I touched up some rock chips and after wetsanding, compounding, and polishing the chips the paint looked pretty good.

Flex with a hybrid wool pad and FG400 will take most everything off. I try not to wet sand anything unless I absolutely have to -- but in case I do, the 3M 3000 and 5000 grit 3" pads on a GG 3" DA works very well.

I do have some rock chips to do on this one.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
7932e34fbfed99fd6b82892c01612bb8.jpg
Dang Rasmus, that thing is gorgeous! I don't know if I had ever even seen a pic of your Stang. You need to post more pics of that beauty!

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Should remove that lip that separated the space, I think that would make it look better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably has something to do with that aggressive chin spoiler. IIRC that lip and entire opening is part of the chin spoiler.

themoose06

forum member
Reaction score
Flex with a hybrid wool pad and FG400 will take most everything off. I try not to wet sand anything unless I absolutely have to -- but in case I do, the 3M 3000 and 5000 grit 3" pads on a GG 3" DA works very well.

I do have some rock chips to do on this one.

I really need to get either a flex or rupes. The PC doesn't cut it on my stangs paint.

Did you know paint can get oxidized? Grandads car with a onestep
7b72f30af9aada28e51d8bfc46785a05.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimC

Reaction score
Traded it in on a new Taurus SHO. Really nice ride and good power. Need to get to the track and get some baseline passes and then tune it.

Getting stranded in the middle of Detroit when the cooling fan quit and wiring burned was the final straw for my wife. She was concerned because of the driving I do for work.

Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Jim,

Well my good man I see you made the move and now have a new Machine to enjoy. :clap:

20161010_145014_zpscolrtkzx.jpg

Terry

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Torrie from Unleashed has good tunes for them.

Traded it in on a new Taurus SHO. Really nice ride and good power. Need to get to the track and get some baseline passes and then tune it.

Getting stranded in the middle of Detroit when the cooling fan quit and wiring burned was the final straw for my wife. She was concerned because of the driving I do for work.

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Dang Rasmus, that thing is gorgeous! I don't know if I had ever even seen a pic of your Stang. You need to post more pics of that beauty!

I tend to keep most of my cars to myself. I know, boring.

I really need to get either a flex or rupes. The PC doesn't cut it on my stangs paint.

Did you know paint can get oxidized?

I would probably go for a Rupes next, just for the hell of it. That said, the Flex has been good, no complaints form me. I've used a PC many times, but they just don't compare.

And yes, my least favorite paint is mid-90s, Ford black. For one, it oxidizes, and two, it's thin.

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
Pleased to report that I changed out my Steeda panhard rod and support bar for BMR hardware. I like the accessible adjuster on the BMR, the grease fittings, and the finish.

The Steeda stuff is good but the adjusters are at the ends which make the jam nuts difficult to tighten, the bushings have no grease fittings, and the finish has some light surface rust.

I sent an e-mail to Steeda to request that they improve the finish and they offered to refinish the parts (for free) - very good customer service - but i declined.

BMR makes good stuff, imo. :party52:

Chris

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
5fc53c57ab42aff9cf5b8ee19aa7d1b8.jpg

Celebrated 8 months of ownership. I need a different daily driver.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back