What have you done to your mustang today?

GTAmuscle

forum member
Reaction score
Replaced my new to me GT500 strut mount with a new one because I went HAM on the stud. I guess you're supposed to torque to 26ft-lb... whoops. Thanks to striker for the speedy shipping!

Centered rear end with my adjustable panhard bar, changed LCA's to bottom hole (lowered 1.25"), changed oil since it hadn't been changed in 2 years, and checked pinion angle.

teeje

Reaction score
Took the seats out, AGAIN because I used the wrong color of classic coat. They all match now and look brand fricken new, that's not the problem. Broke the head off a seat bolt, broke a carbide extractor on the bolt. Oh fun times. After 3 hours of swearing and blood I used an air hammer and pushed thrpigj the welded in nut and thought hey, the power seat and airbag wires pass under the carpet flap, why not open that opening a bit more, got a bold and wrench and all good now. Talk about a pain in the arse

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Replaced my new to me GT500 strut mount with a new one because I went HAM on the stud. I guess you're supposed to torque to 26ft-lb... whoops. Thanks to striker for the speedy shipping!

Centered rear end with my adjustable panhard bar, changed LCA's to bottom hole (lowered 1.25"), changed oil since it hadn't been changed in 2 years, and checked pinion angle.

Ugh...sometimes the german specs guttentight is not the best :(

Kuplex

Software Developer
Reaction score
Getting my tools gathered. Gonna tackle replacing the foam and leather on my front seat this afternoon.

Kuplex

Software Developer
Reaction score
Getting my tools gathered. Gonna tackle replacing the foam and leather on my front seat this afternoon.
Update: Not hard, just time consuming. Swapping over the heating elements requires cutting shallow holes into the foam and using Super 77 to stick them on. Not to mention all the damn wires everywhere underneath lol. Should be done in another hour or two. Taking my time.

teeje

Reaction score
Finished and all buttons work.
c46c74caddda4f3c1d56c10529c35a09.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
Man it feels good to get this out of my car. Feels like I got a haircut

8f0a7f044adac62f0bee0d18f2e33f9a.jpg

3VPOWA

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Removed the MGW shifter and reinstalled the OEM one. I had completely forgotten how horrible the OEM one feels.

Onelildude

forum member
Reaction score
Just finished replacing the plastic clutch line to the braided McLeod line... what a PITA, but totally worth it. I also replace the Mercon V transmission fluid back to RP Syncromesh, and it's back to shifting easy, even the 2-3 shift at 6000 rpm.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Got the (knockoff) Brembos installed tonight! Now I just have to bleed them. Thought I had stuff to bleed the brakes but it's been so long, apparently I don't know where it is. Also one of the pins that came with the driver's side caliper is completely the wrong pin so I'm going to have to order another hardware kit. Sigh....

Attachments

• Snapchat-2050528935.jpg
    Snapchat-2050528935.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 18

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Replaced the Boss's stablemate... switched the M3 for an RS...

Turbo-cs

forum member
Reaction score
Finally got some things ordered, for the building of my single kit. Tig welder is a week out. And have my turbo hung . All factory hangers, no cut or welding to the car. 90 % of the parts I'm using are finalized. Doing my build pricing now . Hoping I'm under 3000 on parts . Lol

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Got the (knockoff) Brembos installed tonight! Now I just have to bleed them. Thought I had stuff to bleed the brakes but it's been so long, apparently I don't know where it is. Also one of the pins that came with the driver's side caliper is completely the wrong pin so I'm going to have to order another hardware kit. Sigh....

Just open the bleeder valve with something under it to catch the brake fluid then pump the brakes. It only took me a few min to do mine that way.

The01Cav

forum member
Reaction score
Washed the mustang with soap and water for the first time since march of 2016.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back