What have you done to your mustang today?

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil to Amsoil Dominator racing 10w30 oil, tomorrow it will get washed and then the go wheels will get put on for a track event next week. Gonna try out this new tune and get some logs to see just how fast we can get this bitch to go.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Got a Torque 22D and detailed it.

IMG_20170408_122307.jpg

Kuplex

Software Developer
Reaction score
Took out my driver side seat and reattached the front clip. This time it made a satisfying "click" so hopefully it stays in place. Still getting used to not sinking in the seat because of the new foam and cover.

Not my car but replaced the headlight on my fiancées Matrix. Clouded up some. Tonight I'll adjust it to spec.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Washed and waxed it, most of it anyway. Ran out of ambition and energy before tackling the wheels, which still have a good bit of XP12 and XP10 dust on them. Maybe tomorrow.

Norm

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Put a hole in my $1K carbon fiber hood. Now instead of 7 lbs it probably weighs 6 3/4 lbs lol. At least I can put it on now. Innovative scoop on order.

Need to put on the drivers side carbon fiber door on now.

919fd6bb-23c4-4097-84d8-071839f695dc.jpg~original

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Put a hole in my $1K carbon fiber hood. Now instead of 7 lbs it probably weighs 6 3/4 lbs lol. At least I can put it on now. Innovative scoop on order.

Need to put on the drivers side carbon fiber door on now.

Why'd you cut it crooked? :omfg: :whistle1: hahaha kidding, siiiiick

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Drove it, got to stretch its legs a bit, the 100mph driveline vibration is still there, I don't know what to do to this car anymore to fix that shit.
Adjustable UCA, adjusted per Kelly's instructions with him on the phone, axle's centered.
Bent axle shaft is my only idea left.
Sucks to have a car like this and be afraid to take it over 95 cuz the driveline or wheels might fall off of it

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
How can you tell from drive line shake vs wheel/rotor shake?

I'm chasing down a vibration at 70mph exactly as well. Just had new wheels mounted and balanced and it's still there.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
How can you tell from drive line shake vs wheel/rotor shake?

I'm chasing down a vibration at 70mph exactly as well. Just had new wheels mounted and balanced and it's still there.

It's been there through 4 different sets of wheels/tires, 2 different aftermarket suspension setups plus the OEM setup, 2 OEM driveshafts, a DSS driveshaft, and 2 different rear rotor setups.
Not much more I can replace other than the rear diff or axle shafts ...

BMR Tech 2

Kelly's Replacement Lackey
Reaction score
It's been there through 4 different sets of wheels/tires, 2 different aftermarket suspension setups plus the OEM setup, 2 OEM driveshafts, a DSS driveshaft, and 2 different rear rotor setups.
Not much more I can replace other than the rear diff or axle shafts ...

Stock gears?

Ever try pick the rear end up and let the wheels run off the ground while you watch for a wobble?

travelers

Reaction score
Gabe
Dylan has an idea and you could also put a dial indicator on the axel flange. you do have to pull the caliper and rotor but it will tell if you have a bent axel flange. It may be so slight you won't see it with your eye.

You can also check to make sure the distance from front wheel to rear wheel is the same on both sides.

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
Gabe
Just throwing this out there, but I used to have a 87 Shelby Charger that the wind coming thru the hole when the sun roof was out and the windows were up would beat you to death at 60. Have you added a chin spoiler or different aero piece that would change the air hitting the car. At 100 there is a lot of force on your car that could lead to vibrations.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Stock gears?

Ever try pick the rear end up and let the wheels run off the ground while you watch for a wobble?

Stock Torsen / 3.73 gears.
I've never done that but I can certainly try it

Gabe
Dylan has an idea and you could also put a dial indicator on the axel flange. you do have to pull the caliper and rotor but it will tell if you have a bent axel flange. It may be so slight you won't see it with your eye.

You can also check to make sure the distance from front wheel to rear wheel is the same on both sides.

I guess I should see about getting a dial gauge, something that can measure rotor runout should also be able to check the axle flange, right?
The front-to-rear distance shouldn't be screwed up, but you never know.
I have CHE relo brackets (had to remove the BMR's when I decided to get an axle brace, now the brace is gone but the CHE brackets stayed)

Gabe
Just throwing this out there, but I used to have a 87 Shelby Charger that the wind coming thru the hole when the sun roof was out and the windows were up would beat you to death at 60. Have you added a chin spoiler or different aero piece that would change the air hitting the car. At 100 there is a lot of force on your car that could lead to vibrations.

I've done a Roush chin spoiler and a GT500 rear spoiler, both pieces that are very common and that I've never heard of causing an issue like this.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Why'd you cut it crooked? :omfg: :whistle1: hahaha kidding, siiiiick

The first cut I actually did 1/2 inch too small on all four sides to leave room for corrections. Once i could fit the hood on, i then could use the carbs to measure off of. I did have to adjust the left/right cuts by 1/4 inch!

eicht

forum member
Reaction score
Tore the differential out for the 3.27 to 4.10 gear conversion. Wife prior to start- "Do you have all the parts you need?" Me- "Yes, unless I find something when I tear it apart." She was less then thrilled when I presented her a list of $900 bucks worth of bushings and other IRS parts that need to be replaced. Car only has 63K on it but it is 16 years old. Thankfully I did not need to replace the yokes. Damn things are $500+ a piece. On the bright side, when I am done I should not ever need to tear it apart again.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back