What is going on?

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just bought a 2014 auto, tried to power brake and the car just will not do it.
Seems like the rear brakes grab so hard I just can't get the rear tires turning over. Any suggestions? With my '06 I could do it no sweat. I just don't get it.
I want to go to the track and have D/R's and want to be able to get some heat in them.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Turn off the advancetrac and traction control, then power brake to your heart's content.

Sent from SYNC in my '14 Mustang GT...

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That would be hold T/C button down with brake depressed for 7 or 8 seconds?

JimC

Reaction score
Can't override the torque management system on the 2013+ automatic. Turning off TCS and Advance Track won't do it. It isn't those systems. When the brake is held down to do a brake stand burn out the system will limit the engine to 2,000 rpm and it doesn't matter if you have the TCS and Advance Track off and the accelerator floored.

Only a tune can override the system.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Can't override the torque management system on the 2013+ automatic. Turning off TCS and Advance Track won't do it. It isn't those systems. When the brake is held down to do a brake stand burn out the system will limit the engine to 2,000 rpm and it doesn't matter if you have the TCS and Advance Track off and the accelerator floored.

Only a tune can override the system.

yup, that is the issue I was having. I do like that fact that even though the car is an auto, you stomp it at 20 mph and away go the tires. Just not too helpful at the track:(

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Yup, you will need a tune to bypass that. Ford added that BS nanny in '13.

efiv6

Reaction score
They are correct it is in the torque management part of the program and you need to have a tuner or get a handheld . Most can tunes have it removed but as a self tuner i would get a custom tune !
Hope this helps

Back