what makes you keep your 05-09 over a coyote car

Stang613

forum member
Reaction score
I bought mine a couple years ago - and I still love it. Paid off, and I don't want to undertake payments for another car. I still have plenty of mods left to go on her so why buy another one. Can't use all that power on the street anyhow..

I am jealous that you guys get the newest and the best, but I still love my car as much as the next guy.

08GTCA

forum member
Reaction score
While i prefer the look of the 05-09, just an opinion, I am very happy with my car. I get to drive it every day, and it's paid for. I have made a few changes: Tokicos, adjustable; rear springs; a tune and CAI; and a few other things and it is fun to drive. There are many other cars that are
faster, newer, slower, older, and there always will be but i like my GT just the way it is. To me that is what owning a Mustang is all about.

Attachments

• memorial day 2011 005 (Medium).jpg
    memorial day 2011 005 (Medium).jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 17

Brewster

forum member
Reaction score
1. Because the '07 is paid off, and I've dumped a LOT of money into it to get it where I want it.

2. Don't like the styling of the '10-'13 cars.

3. Even if I could get past the styling, I'd have to dump a ton of money into a supercharger, stereo etc. just to get back to the same place I'm already at with my '07.

4. Did I mentiont the '07 is paid off? HELL YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!

pwd72s

forum member
Reaction score
Not yet 9,000 miles on my '09 Bullitt. It would be insanity for me to trade. Besides, count me among those who don't like the '10 and up styling.

No disrespect for the 5.0 power & drivetrain. I'd love to have that, but just not at the expense of giving up my Bullitt.

Attachments

• mustang 003.jpg
    mustang 003.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 11

Memphis

I Aim to Misbehave
Reaction score
A) Way too much money into the 05 already to give up on it

B) S&H Turbo being delivered today closes the power gap

C) 5.0's don't come in Redfire....

D) Just think the @ss end of the 5.0 is well....Ugly

brett2008

forum member
Reaction score
I dont wanta start again w/car payments,500+ for 6yrs is enough for me..cant wait till its (08) gt/cs is paid for.Then i can afford all the goodies (blowers) and keep up w/302s...Ive dusted 2 stock ones at the track so i dont feel so bad....

killswitch_c

forum member
Reaction score
I'm one of those ppl that gets stuff and don't want to get rid of it I've only dumped about around 5500 or so in to my 3v just for mods (did every mod my self ) but my wife wants me to get a new one I say my car will be paid for and no more car payments in 2014 but I wouldnt trade it for the world .but in the future if I were to up grade i would keep my stag

JCCNY

forum member
Reaction score
While i prefer the look of the 05-09, just an opinion, I am very happy with my car. I get to drive it every day, and it's paid for. I have made a few changes: Tokicos, adjustable; rear springs; a tune and CAI; and a few other things and it is fun to drive. There are many other cars that are
faster, newer, slower, older, and there always will be but i like my GT just the way it is. To me that is what owning a Mustang is all about.
Agree! I paid for it in full and enjoy it as a weekend crusier. As much as I'd love a coyote, I'm content for now.

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
A) Way too much money into the 05 already to give up on it

B) S&H Turbo being delivered today closes the power gap

C) 5.0's don't come in Redfire....

D) Just think the @ss end of the 5.0 is well....Ugly
you must be getting a good look at them alot huh :D jk jk

ummduh

forum member
Reaction score
I'm lucky I could finally afford a USED 2005. There is no chance in swinging the payment on a new Mustang in the near future.... Now if my wife ever actually finished school and got a job using her fancy book learning, and not just find yet another excuse to go to school some more and continue to spend all of our money instead of making some for a change... :sigh:.. Yeah, nevermind.

SeVeReDiStOrTiOn

forum member
Reaction score
I'm lucky I could finally afford a USED 2005. There is no chance in swinging the payment on a new Mustang in the near future.... Now if my wife ever actually finished school and got a job using her fancy book learning, and not just find yet another excuse to go to school some more and continue to spend all of our money instead of making some for a change... :sigh:.. Yeah, nevermind.

lulz

KryptonKnight

forum member
Reaction score
Keepin the party goin

Frontfullc.jpg
Frontfullc.jpg

Rearfullc.jpg

Enginetopviewradiator7-15-11800.jpg

It was my first Mustang and my first ride when I had money to play. I have had so much enjoyment putting it together little-by-little that no other will ever mean as much again. Besides, my grand-son just loves it and would be so disappointed if he did not get it.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
Cost. I was ready for something new, but I had other stuff going on. I was basically getting cut off from my parents(they helped me alot, wont lie) so I could have gotten a 5.0 but the payment, and insurance would have killed me compared to what I am paying with the focus. not to mention only filling up twice a month is nice haha. I was determined to only have a payment for 36 months, so my payments with the focus are 200, the mustang would have been about 380-400. So it was a cost thing for me. I am happy with my focus, its helping me in other ways with a smaller fuel bill and my insurance on it is dirt cheap compared to what the mustang would have been.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back