what suspension do you run on your GT500?

09schwarzecobra

Reaction score
I have a few mods done to mine. but mostly my car is a street driven Gt500 so i want better handling but i don't need a a griggs gt40 package. just wondering what other people are running!

idk if this is in the right area or not...sorry if it's in the wrong group

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
The GT500 owners tend to go for the most weight savings they can.

The top items in no particular order tend to be:

Tubular K-Member, A-Arms
Lowering Springs
Upper/Lower Control Arms
Relocation Brackets

I highly suggest addressing the sway bars, if increased handling is the goal.

If you have any questions please ask!

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
One of the best mods you can do to improve its handling is to remove weight off the nose of this car. I recommend taking a look at the Steeda Lightweight Radiator Support that allows you to maintain your front sway bar. A smaller battery like the Braille B2317 will remove additional weight. I would also take a look at replacing your OEM springs for a lighter progressive set (but just as strong) - take a look at the Vogtland springs. I believe the Strano tubular front sway bar: 3-position Adjustable, 35mm (1-3/8 inch) is also lighter than OEM. An Evolution Billet Aluminum balancer pulley drops another 12 lbs. 1 piece aluminum driveshaft (approx 30lbs weight savings, plus the reduction of rotational weight).

Last edited:

Rubrignitz

forum member
Reaction score
Kelly/BMR - You guys should think about designing/fabricating a watts link. Adding a watts link has been one of the most impressive upgrades I've done to this car and believe its an upgrade that shouldn't be overlooked. Now that I'm aware of the difference it makes in street handling where you're encountering road irregularities, dips and potholes it's the first thing I'll add to any future SRA car I own. The rear end of the car was all over the place with the panhard setup.

But other than that, the standard spring/damper/swaybar upgrades are the way I would start suspension mods....what the other guys suggested.

09schwarzecobra

Reaction score
i'm very against lower springs. i already have Kw variant 3s and H&R front and rear sway bars. MM lower controls arms and mm pan hard bar. i was thinking if anyone has do something different like A arms or stuff

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
How do you plan to drive your GT500? Road course? Drag racing? Daily driver - street only? What is the car doing now (handling characteristics) that you want to change so you're not just throwing parts at it? What are your performance goals?

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back