What to add to mod list

corey5988

forum member
Reaction score
Some of you guys may have seen my project were I'm restoring a wrecked Roush. I'm doing some performance stuff while I'm at it. I wanted you all's input on what mods I have planned, things I should definatly look into doing, and those I should veer away from.

The car has a Roush installed stage 3 kit (M90). I've already installed JBA long tubes, modified the stock H-pipe to work with them (with no cats), relocated mid mount Roush mufflers, removed the EVAP, an electric Roush/Autometer boost gauge, Innovative MTX-L wideband gauge, and an SCT X3 tuner with lifetime tunes from Bama. For suspension I have UMI tubular LCAs and a UMI adjustable PB (all urethane bushing).

For my suspension plans I will be getting Airlift's old setup, a BMR UCA & mount, and UMI weld in LCA relocation brackets. For performance I plan on fabbing up a CAI for now. Later (when it's developed) I plan on running a GT500 M122 (see Gmitch's thread) with a 2010-up GT500 intake and TB, an Aeromotive 1000 drop in fuel pump, an AFCO dual pass heat exchanger/dual fans, and an Interceptor gauge.

Edit: Not looking at aesthetics I have my plans already set in stone on that.

Last edited:

corey5988

forum member
Reaction score
A built motor is what I would add and a tr6060 or a t56.

I should have mentioned, since modifications are based on intended use. The car will be a 98% street car. I may make 3-4 trips to the local 1/4 mile a year. Aside from that mostly spirited country road driving. For the motor I'd like to eventually have it rebuilt with a small overbore and forged internal and drop a 2.6 TVS on it, but that's well outside the window we're looking at. Right now I'd like a safe 450-475rwhp.

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
Well in that case you will max the block out with your current mods. Shocks and springs would be the top of my list then.

monk36

forum member
Reaction score
Built motor.

Most motors don't pop on the track --> common misconception. My motor let go with similar numbers and I had never been to the track, with only regular driving. I don't even know if I'd call it spirited most of the time.

I'm not saying you have to have one ready, but to drop a ton of money on other things and not have the finances to even budget build a motor, worst case scenario, is asking for a lot of trouble and headache.

My 2 cents.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Good set of lowering springs and adjustable shocks. Caster camber plates if needed to get alignment in spec. I was able to get by with simply reversing my stock ones on my '07. Using GT500 mounts on the '13.

And +1 on a 3v popping while NOT at the track. A friend of mine blew his up on his blown Saleen just doing some spirited driving, playing around with a Challenger. Maybe you'll have good luck with yours, but it is something to think about and start saving up for.

Looking forward to seeing how she turns out!

corey5988

forum member
Reaction score
The reason I was looking at the M122 setup is for lower IATs and not having to spin it to the moon to make the goal. As far as suspension, like mentioned, I'm going to be picking up an airlift setup. Then the other things listed are safety/reliability issues (AFCO and fans). I guess after that the rebuild is the ticket. Thanks guys.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Oops, sorry, I misread the airlift set up thing. Blown Roush on bags is gonna be sweet!

burkem

forum member
Reaction score
I would look into getting an aluminum driveshaft. From what I've heard it really makes a difference in the feel of the car and how the engine revs.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back