what to buy

RedfireGT

forum member
Reaction score
i have $500 on paypal that id like to blow on suspension, right now all i have is upgraded rotors, brakepads and sportlines. what can i get suspension wise?

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Used set of Tokico d-specs, some GT500 top mounts, and some LCAs?

Flash_of_Yellow

forum member
Reaction score
i have $500 on paypal that id like to blow on suspension, right now all i have is upgraded rotors, brakepads and sportlines. what can i get suspension wise?

You can donate it to me... :)

If you want some real advise, you should give us some specifics. What do you want to do? Autox or HPDE? What is your current level of experience?

I'd say for $500 go pay for a couple HPDE days this summer and find out what you need to change, rather than blindly add parts.

My :2cents: on the topic... But you can always give it to me if you want to "blow" it. :p

RedfireGT

forum member
Reaction score
im 17 so i dont have AS much experience behind the wheel as some of u guys do, but i went to limerock last year for a few classes and i got a pretty good idea of what im doing. The roads around here are really curvy, and during the summer they close the road down for 3 days and do races, and id like to have my car handle a little better.

repeating my handling mods:
toyo proxies tr4
sportlines
upgraded rotors and pads

possibly ordering: gt500 strut mounts

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like you're running stock shocks and struts; Tokico d-specs.

Cookiemonster

forum member
Reaction score
I would say spend it on actual racing..

if thats not what you want to hear grab a set of adjustable sways. Sams got a set for around 500. Thats what I'm ordering in a week any way.

Kaldar142

Reaction score
Save a little more and get some Konis...

Sway bars would be the next thing i would say, +1 for sam

Those would be the biggest improvements in handling.

Some camber plates are a good investment too, along with a mildly aggressive alignment it would make a pretty noticable difference.

Kaldar142

Reaction score
well, technically it controls side to side movement aswell, but yes you get an after market adjustable one to center your rear end once you lower the car.

dkegel

forum member
Reaction score
Siince your budget is tight, I would suggest the Hellwig 25mm adjustable rear swaybar and a good set of schocks. Then depending on what you're doing you may need to address the brakes (cooling, pads, fluid, etc)

Dave Kegel

UMI Sales

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Hello
I noticed that you are looking into so suspension upgrades. And I just wanted to leave you know that when you lower a vehicle I would highly suggest looking into a adjustable pan hard bar to allow you to recenter the rear back under the vehicle. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catal...dex&cPath=12&zenid=g9taib4neui8mspthnaer4ma67

If you have any other questions feel free to ask! And I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad :D

Stangmeister9

The Member
Reaction score
save it (i know that sucks to hear) and wait to make your purchases correctly the 1st time. initially make a purchase of shocks and springs as suggested with hd camber plates so that your not installing and removing after each purchase. then work on those sway bars. adjustable if possible. again your going to get alot of advice and do what feels best to you, although you are very young u may want to seek the guidance of "one" and not all. sometimes us old farts are real eager to tell you how to raise your kids...um Mustang. this site is a wealth of knowledge with out even having to ask, explore and almost every topic has been discussed or is being discussed at this moment.

good luck!

Sam Strano

forum member
Reaction score
Siince your budget is tight, I would suggest the Hellwig 25mm adjustable rear swaybar and a good set of schocks. Then depending on what you're doing you may need to address the brakes (cooling, pads, fluid, etc)

Dave Kegel

I'm a Hellwig dealer, but I don't think that's the right rear bar. First, I find 25mm's to be too big. Second it's solid, third it's 2 position adjustable. My rear bar, which in fact is made specifically for me, to my specs by Hellwig, is 22mm (same diameter as what Steeda, Eibach and some other use. But, mine is hollow (lighter) and 3 way adjustable in comparison.

And Hellwig tests their stuff on the street only. I've had them upgrade some things on other bars they make once we started autoxing on them because the testing is just more rigorous.

Back on point. He needs good shocks first and foremost.... I'd recommend Koni STR.T's given the budget.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back