So,what the hell is this thing?

Turbodad

Reaction score
So I just picked up a lightly crashed (rear ended) '14 GT in order to do a coyote swap (https://www.s197forum.com/threads/07-to-14-coyote-swap.142702/) but I wanted to at least drive it around the block to make sure the motor and trans were ok and find any pre-existing problems and possibly deal with them before I do the swap.
So, I charged the battery and fired it up and attempted to drive it and I find I have no throttle control and it revs up randomly by itself. ABS, Brake and traction lights are on but no check engine light. I only have a cheapo code reader that does engine and ABS but I get no codes from either. I look at the T-body and see the wiring is all connected then I went to the throttle pedal and I see this little sub-harness that must have gone to something that would modify the pedal signal. I removed it and plugged the stock harness back up to the throttle pedal and now I have throttle control although if I really step into it then let off it seems like a sticking throttle for half a second which is a little unnerving.
So what is this little sub-harness for?
I can tell you the engine does have a Boss 302 manifold and a BBK 85mm T-body but I don't see any other obvious mods.

IMG_5750.JPG

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
^^^Concur^^^

I have a Soler Performance Throttle Controller on my truck...pretty much the same connector splitting throttle to electronic box that you can set to various driving modes.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back