What to do with my Nitrious kit?

c0op3r

Reaction score
I had/have a pretty nice Nitrious kit setup on my 2007 Mustang GT.

I have the following:

• Nitrious Outlet Ford 2005-2010 Mustang GT Hardline Kit
  • Nitrious Outlet Billet Bracket with Heater Option
  • Nitrious Outlet Fuel Rail Adapter with Fuel Pressure Gauge
  • Nitrious Outlet Purge Valve - custom installed to purge to center of the windshield
  • Nitrious Outlet Switch Plate - fits the front cup holder and provides all four switches
  • NOS 2-stage WOT/RPM Activation Switch
  • NOS Remote Feed Line Solenoid

I am about to install a Edlebrock e-Force Supercharger and minimum I can no longer use the plate system and its placement. I dont think I really need the Nitrious with the supercharger, but I am just not sure.

I dont want to take it all out and get rid of it if I might need it for something later.

I am looking for others experiences and suggestion.

Side note - when the car would go to the dealer for something I would get told 'as you know the car has a nitrious system and because of that we can not warranty the blah blah blah'

I would follow that with What?! (said really shocked like) how what are you talking about I dont know anything about this. . . .

and just smile.

DSC_9440.jpg

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Jet down to a 35 shot for cooling

c0op3r

Reaction score
Jet down to a 35 shot for cooling

I was thinking about something like that. I was thinking like 25, but if you think 35 is better I could see that. Do you know would I use a plate of some kind (easier to install) or would I have to go with a jet setup?

07 Boss

Reaction score
Send the new manifold out and have it plumbed for a direct port injection and see car go fast...... or blow up. Stock bottom end? How much boost you going to be running? Do you have room for a good nitrous shot?

c0op3r

Reaction score
So stage one on the e-Force I think is only like 5 or 6 PSI. I am running a stock bottom end at the moment, but totally expect the trans or the motor to go at which point they will get rebuilt.

I am looking at a level10 5r55s trans right now

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Switch the plate to a nozzle and install it in could fit intake tube

07 Boss

Reaction score
So stage one on the e-Force I think is only like 5 or 6 PSI. I am running a stock bottom end at the moment, but totally expect the trans or the motor to go at which point they will get rebuilt.

I am looking at a level10 5r55s trans right now

Then you’re gonna have some room to run a small shot. I think it would be a great plus in helping Keep IAT’s in check.

I had a bulletproof Level 10 tranny. They do some nice upgrades but still lack in overall durability. Have them build it with the Alto Red clutch bands. Not sure what they use but my tranny made it a little over a year and wore out their clutch bands. I had a local shop rebuild it and make it truly bulletproof. Been running strong since.

c0op3r

Reaction score
So I am thinking I am going to remove the Nitrious system and sell it.

I was going to re-do it but with the supercharger covers, there is just no way to get the fuel pressure regulator tap installed there again.

So with that being said what do you have to do to get approved to post in the Parts for Sale section?

c0op3r

Reaction score
So after having to remove pretty much everything that was nitrious from under the hood and spending some time talking with fdjizm I have decided to not run the nitrious in the traditional sense anymore.

I ordered a Nitrious Outlet Snake Style Intercooler Chiller.

I think I am going to set it up using the NOS Window Switch I already have installed and keep the Billet bottle holder with heater. I am going to add a purge kit to the Chiller - why cause its cool (no pun intended) and for intimidation reason - for the street punks with a riced out Honda and mis-matched paint.

The kit is on the way, I will post photos and video once done, should be neat.

Back