What's a good muffler for dual exhaust?

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Ok I'm not really fond of starting another muffler thread, but here it is anyway.

I'm running Mac LTs and Magaflow high-flow cats, then both sides straight back to stock GT mufflers (no x nor crossover pipe of anykind). And 2.5" piping all the way (not 2.25 like on the stock setup ahead of the stock Y).

With running F/I, it seems the GT stock mufflers are causing a little more backpressure than I'd like to have, but they are fairly quiet, which I dont mind and actually prefer it.

What would be a good alternative that would increase exhaust flow and not be too loud? Any dyno numbers to back up choice differences?

I'm thinking the FRPP GTAs are something I may look into, but I do not know how much different they are from stock GTs. And what do the flowmaster's sound like with such a setup? Any other suggestions?
My interest is best-flowing first, with some quietness second.

I've tried the 'louder' route, using some magnaflow 4" round resonators only and straight-out pipes with no mufflers at all; the straight pipes sound better but are a little too loud still.
:bigbeer:

Lee's05GT

Formally Qksixx
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i have the magnaflow duels with a bbk x-pipe on mine and they sound great! But they sound like shit with the cats off. Kinda sounds like a old firebird lol. but other than that they are awsome

SilverBolt

Its "just" a sixer.
Reaction score
i dont have fi but i do have mac lt's with bassani high flow cats, and flowmasters. ill post a video later today on the thread so you can hear

bronxbomba63

forum member
Reaction score
I have Flowmasters. I don't know how they sound compared to a 6 with the stock GT mufflers, but they are kinda loud, and I had to get used to it's drone (which I don't mind anymore).

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back