Whats a good quick detailer?

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
what do you think of TW Ice wax ? I've used it on my wife's silver car, haven't yet on the black car. Still using the black detailer that came in the TW Black Box.

Honestly, I've never tried it. I'm not a big TW fan. Pretty much the only off the shelf stuff I use is Megs and a lot of my Megs stuff is pro stuff like the M205 and M105.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
Honestly, I've never tried it. I'm not a big TW fan. Pretty much the only off the shelf stuff I use is Megs and a lot of my Megs stuff is pro stuff like the M205 and M105.

so an off the shelf detailer for my black car, what do you suggest ? I do like the TW Black Box, it did a hella good job last time. Their black detailer, eh, dunno,,,, The TWBB is carnuba and comes with a pre-wax something. I have a buffer with a yellow foam pad, and a sheepskin pad. I also have Meguiars swirl remover. Where do I start, and finish. You are THE MAN when it comes to detailing knowledge. I appreciate your input.

SKRMNSVT

Reaction score
Griots Speed Shine w/ Griots MF Towels :thumb:

I also use thier best of show wax in the car wash as well as mist the car with thier spray on wax when its wet, then towel dry.

The results are amazing. =)

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Griots Speed Shine w/ Griots MF Towels :thumb:

I also use thier best of show wax in the car wash as well as mist the car with thier spray on wax when its wet, then towel dry.

The results are amazing. =)

Many years ago, I was going to order a bunch of products from Griots. To my surprise, all they offered were their highly priced cotton towels, and no microfiber. I had already done plenty of tests with cotton towels and hadn't found one that wouldn't scratch a black car. Were the Griots towels super cotton that wouldn't scratch? I doubt it, I just think they were behind the times and hadn't figured out that MF was the way to go. Anyway, long story short, I don't trust Griots since they couldn't figure out cotton scratches more than MF before thousands of customers did.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
so an off the shelf detailer for my black car, what do you suggest ? I do like the TW Black Box, it did a hella good job last time. Their black detailer, eh, dunno,,,, The TWBB is carnuba and comes with a pre-wax something. I have a buffer with a yellow foam pad, and a sheepskin pad. I also have Meguiars swirl remover. Where do I start, and finish. You are THE MAN when it comes to detailing knowledge. I appreciate your input.

Off the shelf. . . . Hands down Meguires Ultimate Quick Wax since you have a black car. It's the only thing I've tried that will not streak or haze on a black car, period. Some of the other stuff works OK if you're inside and the car is cool, but if it's in the sun at all, they will streak on a black car. Even the Ultimate Detailer will streak and haze on a black car if it's at all hot.

But, if you order some of the Optimum Instant Detailer and Gloss we were speaking about above, you can dilute it with distilled water and it's really a better bargain than the UQW. It's really awesome stuff, too. When I'm out of the Ultimate Quick Wax I'll probably be ordering some more of it this time. It smells like bubblegum. I just got a good deal on a bunch of the Ultimate Quick Wax recently and I'm using it until it runs out.

Have you read mine and Nasty's sticky?? The link is in my Sig. Check it out and then if you have any more questions post them in it or PM me and we'll go from there.

Last edited:

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
Off the shelf. . . . Hands down Meguires Ultimate Quick Wax since you have a black car. It's the only thing I've tried that will not streak or haze on a black car, period. Some of the other stuff works OK if you're inside and the car is cool, but if it's in the sun at all, they will streak on a black car. Even the Ultimate Detailer will streak and haze on a black car if it's at all hot.

But, if you order some of the Optimum Instant Detailer and Gloss we were speaking about above, you can dilute it with distilled water and it's really a better bargain than the UQW. It's really awesome stuff, too. When I'm out of the Ultimate Quick Wax I'll probably be ordering some more of it this time. It smells like bubblegum. I just got a good deal on a bunch of the Ultimate Quick Wax recently and I'm using it until it runs out.

Have you read mine and Nasty's sticky?? The link is in my Sig. Check it out and then if you have any more questions post them in it or PM me and we'll go from there.

thanks bro, yea I've read both of them more than once, good stuff. I'll try the Meguiars Quick Wax. I want to give the car a quickie before I throw the car cover on it for winter. I will bust it out once in a while if we get some sun and the roads dry up. This spring I'll hunt down the Optimum stuff, thanks again.

SKRMNSVT

Reaction score
Many years ago, I was going to order a bunch of products from Griots. To my surprise, all they offered were their highly priced cotton towels, and no microfiber. I had already done plenty of tests with cotton towels and hadn't found one that wouldn't scratch a black car. Were the Griots towels super cotton that wouldn't scratch? I doubt it, I just think they were behind the times and hadn't figured out that MF was the way to go. Anyway, long story short, I don't trust Griots since they couldn't figure out cotton scratches more than MF before thousands of customers did.

I can tell you that the towels they sell today are great, and they have numerous styles to chose from.

But i can see where you're coming from :)

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
thanks bro, yea I've read both of them more than once, good stuff. I'll try the Meguiars Quick Wax. I want to give the car a quickie before I throw the car cover on it for winter. I will bust it out once in a while if we get some sun and the roads dry up. This spring I'll hunt down the Optimum stuff, thanks again.

I'm getting ready to wash the underside of mine tomorrow, lol Yes, I actually wash the underneath of the car. I already have it up on the ramps ready to go.

I drove it a few days ago just to try out my LCA and Brackets after the install and got caught out in a small rain. I brought it straight back and washed it before it spotted, but the underneath has some dirt and spots I want to get rid of for my piece of mind.

I'm trying to decide if I want to do a full detail now, or just wait and do one in the spring. It sits in the garage under a cover, but I almost think I'm just going to do the fully on it when I break it back out so it's fresh when I'm going to be driving it.

The thing is, a cover will usually do some micro scratching when you're putting it on and taking it off, plus, the dust that collects on the cover will usually get onto the car when you take the cover off. So, I'm pretty sure I'll just wait till car cover season is over this time and see how it turns out.

ScottW311

Reaction score
I've used Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax, Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer, Armor All Ultra Shine Wash & Wax Detailer, and Lucas Oil slick mist on my black gt. Out of those I prefer the Lucas Oil Slick Mist, which also smells like bubblegum.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I'll have to try the Lucas stuff.

I just bought more of the Optimum stuff we talked about above. It's really awesome, but I'm still thinking the Quick Wax works better in the sun on black cars. I hadn't tried any of it since I got this car.

But for the price you can't beat the Optimum. You mix it one part with 3 parts distilled water. WAY cheaper than the Quick Wax even with shipping costs.

laz2447

forum member
Reaction score
Croftgate USA Quick-N-Slick is what I like...

If you just wanna run to Advaned Auto or Autozone I like Eagle One Wipe & Shine too...

Last edited:

SRTthis

Reaction score
onlly off the shelf stuff ive liked in a quick detailer is from hot rod garage. its some pink stuff and works pretty good for a quick once over.

ive been wanting to try gliptone body gloss but i cant find it anywhere

Cooter

forum member
Reaction score
FinishKare 425 is a great qd with anti-static properties.
Optimum QD is also a great qd.
Duragloss Fast Clean and Shine is a nice qd (also have a great soap).

Justin @ obsessivedetail is very nice guy. Excellent CS.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back