What's everyone's 60 foot and setup?

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I have zero suspension as of right now just picked up lca's still gotta get the relocation brackets and a brand new set of 555r nittos on 18's

Switching to 18" Mickey Thompsons, or better yet, 15" Mickey Thompsons would help a lot! As would adjustable shocks and drag springs.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I dunno.....

I think you'd be surprised, tell Jeremy to make a pass on 9.5psi, without playing with the controller.

09gt3v

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah getting race stars and a set of slicks just for the track, adding a 430 gear and shifting the life out of it I geuss is the plan! Hopefully the thing doesn't bog any, that's really the only worry with that

brianadams03

forum member
Reaction score
1.63 is my best so far on stock suspension(cept for rear sway bar relocation bracket for the rims) w/ 27x10.5x15 Hoosier QTP's(slicks). Stock seems to be enough to pull the tires up some :D

MoreAirTime_zps1289eb97.jpg

Last edited:

05moneypit

forum member
Reaction score

All BMR hardware. Santhuff struts, QA1 shocks and springs. 295 radials.... this pic it has 325's on it and have since gone to the 295's and the better 60'

11-9-17-153_zpsa63b28bd.jpg

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
^ Nice!

Gotta love 1.3X sixties!

Getting into the 1.3 range is such a good feeling.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
2.26 blam :boobies:

LCA, H&R Supersports, Stock struts & shocks, panhard bar.

Oh and 275 street tires.

2DaDarkZide PR

Vroom, Burble, Burble
Reaction score
Nittos are horrid track tires IMO. When I first started drag racing my car I bought a used set of Nitto 555r tires and Race Star wheels. Used them for 2 weeks and ordered a set of Mickey Thompson ET Streets from AM. I ended up cutting a best 1.63 short time with those Mickeys.

I have nailed many 1.812 on Nitto 555 STREET tires launching at 5k at 35 PSI. I just switched to Nitto 555R2 yesterday, racing Friday, so let's see what I can pull but no doubt in my mind it will allow for a 1.699 at its best. But no doubt Mickey's are better, to me anyway but the Nitto is NOT far behind. Maybe I'll change my mind Friday lol.

Hoping for 1.725s first time out.

09gt3v

forum member
Reaction score
I have nailed many 1.812 on Nitto 555 STREET tires launching at 5k at 35 PSI. I just switched to Nitto 555R2 yesterday, racing Friday, so let's see what I can pull but no doubt in my mind it will allow for a 1.699 at its best. But no doubt Mickey's are better, to me anyway but the Nitto is NOT far behind. Maybe I'll change my mind Friday lol.

Hoping for 1.725s first time out.

What are your mods man?

2DaDarkZide PR

Vroom, Burble, Burble
Reaction score
cams, full exhaust, 4.10s, c&l intake for the 1.81X. I have since added FRPP TB and FRPP Manifold and 110MM intake

09gt3v

forum member
Reaction score
cams, full exhaust, 4.10s, c&l intake for the 1.81X. I have since added FRPP TB and FRPP Manifold and 110MM intake

Wow man I have almost the same setup, what do you the think about the frpp manifold, it made way more power up top it makes torque till about 6700 but the low end really died off for me what do you think

2DaDarkZide PR

Vroom, Burble, Burble
Reaction score
Wow man I have almost the same setup, what do you the think about the frpp manifold, it made way more power up top it makes torque till about 6700 but the low end really died off for me what do you think

With my tuner, he got me 15-20+ HP/TQ more than before the tune. My powerband held fine until 6700+ and would be worth shifting higher if I could.

My TB and 110MM intake may have helped the torque but no, I gained TQ across the band. My "build" thread has the dynos.

09gt3v

forum member
Reaction score
With my tuner, he got me 15-20+ HP/TQ more than before the tune. My powerband held fine until 6700+ and would be worth shifting higher if I could.

My TB and 110MM intake may have helped the torque but no, I gained TQ across the band. My "build" thread has the dynos.

Looked at the dyno man very similar even tho are car feal like there pulling to 7k they actually stop making torque close to 6800 so it's faster to shift at 6800 I have found the guy that tunes my car told me that and he was right, have you ran it with the intake?

2DaDarkZide PR

Vroom, Burble, Burble
Reaction score
Looked at the dyno man very similar even tho are car feal like there pulling to 7k they actually stop making torque close to 6800 so it's faster to shift at 6800 I have found the guy that tunes my car told me that and he was right, have you ran it with the intake?

Since peak is at 6800, shifting higher would be faster actually because you would land at the fatter part of the band on the next gear pulling to peak sooner/harder again but 6800 is pretty much the max max for stock valve springs. I am getting the valves in next winter and will be shifting 7-7100.

09gt3v

forum member
Reaction score
Since peak is at 6800, shifting higher would be faster actually because you would land at the fatter part of the band on the next gear pulling to peak sooner/harder again but 6800 is pretty much the max max for stock valve springs. I am getting the valves in next winter and will be shifting 7-7100.

Lol my rev limiter is set at 7k but very rarely do I take it there but I do see your point and that's a good idea to try I only have 355 gear right now and it sucks with that big intake at the track cause I never got into 4th and only to like 5500 in 3rd

2DaDarkZide PR

Vroom, Burble, Burble
Reaction score
Lol my rev limiter is set at 7k but very rarely do I take it there but I do see your point and that's a good idea to try I only have 355 gear right now and it sucks with that big intake at the track cause I never got into 4th and only to like 5500 in 3rd

You have cams and manifold on stock gears? You'd benefit greatly from 4.10s

2DaDarkZide PR

Vroom, Burble, Burble
Reaction score
Lol yea I kno hot rods and the manifold would love gears but I'm scared the 410s may be to short how many rpms in 4th do you run through the traps in?

You're giving away speed in your case. Not sure. Usually looking straight lol. But I shift to 4th a good bit before the end.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back