What's my noise? Video included

linkwilliams

Reaction score
Is the car running bad? Is it missing on a cylinder? I swear it sounds like its lower end noise

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
it sounds just like that video, but honestly I havnt driven it since. it did have a CEL random misfire. and every so often it would buck and miss, but, I just honestly accounted that to the 95k spark plugs.

It actually ran pretty good.

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I saw that video. Haven't had much time to mess with it. :( car is sitting in the garage z I miss driving it

CJ-

forum member
Reaction score
Nota. Car has 95k in sure they are stock. If you want to come help, you are more than welcome! I live off of 181!

Bigchris. Phaser looks fine, from what I can see. And I unplugged the VCT and the noise continued

So any update on the issue? I know it's been 3 years but I'm curious. I have nearly the same noise, but alittle quieter.

pics06gtstang

forum member
Reaction score
after 3 years i would say he either got rid of the car or like me
ended up putting in the lockouts . p.s. thats after i put in new phasers and then had
a different noise on start up ( chain slap this time ) lil gasket on the tension-er blew out ( New chain setup from FREEDOM ) .
Then the fucking cam phaser noise again ( then i did the lock outs and bypass the vct shit ) .
SHIT SOUNDED LIKE A SOCKET WAS LEFT IN MY MOTOR !

Last edited:

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
So any update on the issue? I know it's been 3 years but I'm curious. I have nearly the same noise, but alittle quieter.

haha, I dont know exactly what it was. I ended up replacing the valvetrain and timing parts and new phasers. that fixed it.

after 3 years i would say he either got rid of the car or like me
ended up putting in the lockouts . p.s. thats after i put in new phasers and then had
a different noise on start up ( chain slap this time ) lil gasket on the tension-er blew out ( New chain setup from FREEDOM ) .
Then the fucking cam phaser noise again ( then i did the lock outs and bypass the vct shit ) .
SHIT SOUNDED LIKE A SOCKET WAS LEFT IN MY MOTOR !

replaced all that, then built the motor! and still have car sitting in the garage :word:

Scrat

forum member
Reaction score
lol even though this thread was brought from the grave it does look like you had a pretty good size crack on the phaser.

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
lol even though this thread was brought from the grave it does look like you had a pretty good size crack on the phaser.

no cracks, you are seeing sharpie lines from when I installed cams.

however the phaser was broke, a weld inside broke and the spring came undone.

gray06gt

Reaction score
Pretty common with the 3v. I'm replacing mine with comp cam limiters new ford phasers and a ford racing cam

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
how does the phaser fail on this?

Mine is making noise thats awefully similar to this. When I pull it off does the phaser just fall apart or what?

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
it didnt fall apart, but I could see the spring inside wasnt tight and a weld broke. it was obvious, I even had limiters in mine.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back