Whats safest way to get jack up car for 1 piece driveshaft install?

torchred

forum member
Reaction score
Ok maybe I'm really terrible with the search function, and you would think this question has been asked before....but how in the heck are you really supposed to jack the car up with doing the 1 piece driveshaft, because the instructions say the car has to have the suspension loaded in order to check the pinion angle. Can I put jacks under axle tubes and put front jacks under K member? I'm just paranoid when it comes to jacking the car up. Had it fall off the jack once and ever since then any project under the car gets my heart racing.

Its a shaftmasters 1 piece aluminum going on an 06 GT btw.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Front on ramps rear on jack stands is how I did mine

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When I did mine I put the front on ramps and put jack stands under the rear frame points, for the install. It's much easier to install the DS with the rear hanging down. After you get it installed move the jack stands to the axle tubes, to load the rear and adjust the pinion angle.

Earl

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
When I did mine I put the front on ramps and put jack stands under the rear frame points, for the install. It's much easier to install the DS with the rear hanging down. After you get it installed move the jack stands to the axle tubes, to load the rear and adjust the pinion angle.

Earl

Or just use a jack under the axle pumpkin to load the rear suspension while you measure. That way the car is still supported on the frame, as it is easier to turn the adjustment nut with the axle hanging.

torchred

forum member
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that jacking the car up while the front is on ramps is a BIG no no..........like the car will roll back off the ramps. My jack doesn't go high enough to jack up front then slide ramps under.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Plastic wheel chocks are cheap.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
yeah I saw those threads......that's my car on the ramps in the last post lol....just read that you aren't supposed to jack up rear of car while front is on ramps...danger of it rolling back.

I jack up the car by the pumpkin a few inches then go to the front wheel and roll it all the way to the ramp stop again, repeat till desired level.

If you jack the car from the rear while the front is on the ramps it will eventually roll back off the ramps if you don't check it and keep moving it forward.
If you're not comfortable DO NOT TRY THIS I am not suggesting you do just my experience with it.

Last edited:
Back