whats the best PSI for bias ply ET Streets at the track?

xtweakerx

Get SOME!
Reaction score
Try dropping it to 12, thats what psi I run in my tires and it works awesome for my setup. Also not sure what suspension mods you have, but that may be the cause of your wheel spin as well.

after a run what do your tires blow up to from 12?

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
I usually wait about an hour between runs so psi remains around 12. I will probably check next time out what it goes up to right after a run now that I'm curious.

originalsnake

forum member
Reaction score
Im still experimenting but with the 28" ET Streets i set them at around 14.5 psi when they are cold/warm so after i heat them up with a burnout the PSI should raise up to about 15 which is a nice spot. I have found pretty good success launching at around 4k rpms. I nailed a 1.59 60' yesterday. That was sweet.

I dont like the feel of the car running lower PSI and i dont like jacking the skinnies up front to 40+psi either like some people do. I feel like the front is driving on ice skates and the back is on two flat tires when i go really low. I feel the car start to shift and drift side to side as im going down the track.

xtweakerx

Get SOME!
Reaction score
I usually wait about an hour between runs so psi remains around 12. I will probably check next time out what it goes up to right after a run now that I'm curious.

I bracket race so sometimes I have a quicker turn around than an hour. Im running 27" ET Street as a side note. I've noticed when I run at 13psi by the end of the run they are at 14 psi sometimes more.

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
I bracket race so sometimes I have a quicker turn around than an hour. Im running 27" ET Street as a side note. I've noticed when I run at 13psi by the end of the run they are at 14 psi sometimes more.

That makes sense. Well personally I wouldn't run anything lower than 12psi cold, because anything lower and the car will definately be a little bit more floaty than normal. If you still can't get traction at 12psi maybe you could take a look at your suspension and see what you can do there. Weight transfer helped me out tons in utilizing the 26s, although I still blow those off every now and then depending on track conditions (CJ springs and shock/strut setup on the way... so that should help out significantly). You should be able to hook well with the 27's especially being N/A and having 4.10s. My best bet would be to check your suspension and see what you can improve.

Last edited:

xtweakerx

Get SOME!
Reaction score
That makes sense. Well personally I wouldn't run anything lower than 12psi cold, because anything lower and the car will definately be a little bit more floaty than normal. If you still can't get traction at 12psi maybe you could take a look at your suspension and see what you can do there. Weight transfer helped me out tons in utilizing the 26s, although I still blow those off every now and then depending on track conditions (CJ springs and shock/strut setup on the way... so that should help out significantly). You should be able to hook well with the 27's especially being N/A and having 4.10s. My best bet would be to check your suspension and see what you can improve.

I have upper and lower control arms by Steeda non-adjustable, Cobra Jet Springs, stock struts and shocks. Ever since I got cams and delete plates its been harder hooking consistently.

Last edited:

xtweakerx

Get SOME!
Reaction score
What tire setup are you running?
MT ET Front Tires 26 x 4.5 x 15
MT ET Street Tires 27 x 10.5 x 15
Summit 541 Series Wheels - 15x4 (fronts) 15x8 (rears)

maybe it was just the last race I was at but it just wouldnt hook up.. I'm normally in the 1.6's sometimes 1.5's but it wouldnt get out of the 1.8's in both lanes. It was Hot and Humid as all hell but I'm going to try 12psi this saturday and hope for better weather however it is south florida and summer so weather is going to suck ass now. Owell, just trying to stay consistent and go some more rounds this year after the season I'll be selling my car to go Rail.

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
I understand, well hopefully you can get er back into the 1.5s/1.6s... The weather over here sucks as well. Humidity always seems to be around 90% plus it's always hot, eh.

Lurker

forum member
Reaction score
I have upper and lower control arms by Steeda non-adjustable, Cobra Jet Springs, stock struts and shocks. Ever since I got cams and delete plates its been harder hooking consistently.

problem found

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back