Whats the best way??

Midnight11

forum member
Reaction score
to buff out scratches or key mark on tailights. pretty sure someone keyed my 13 tail lights. the scratch isnt super deep but i can feel it with my nail. I do have a porter cable so i might try to see what I can do tomorrow after work. Im sooo pissed right now :rant:

acrophobia13

eat. sleep. drive.
Reaction score
I'd try a compound (such as Megs 105) with a finishing pad first. Low speed and alot of passes.

If that didn't work, you could try wet sanding? Wet sand with 1000 grit, then 1500, 2000, 2500, and then compound (don't worry about the lights clouding while wet sanding, the compound at the end will remove all the clouding and sanding marks).

Matt.S@Lethal

forum member
Reaction score
If the scratches are as deep as you say, you'll probably have to resort to wetsanding. On plastic, you can go a bit heavier than 1000...you may need to go to down to 600. It may be easiest to just purchase one of the 3M headlight restoration kits to use with a drill, and follow with a good sealant.

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
Nothing pisses me off more than when someone fucks with other people's shit. You'll probably have to end up wetsanding.

psycho bob

FISTER
Reaction score
do a claim on your ins for vandalism. it won't go against you causing your premium to go up. of course depending on what your co-pay amount is it might be cheaper to buy them yourself

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back