What's wrong with this? Slow E.T. and trap speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackbird1084

forum member
Reaction score
And willy some people just suck at interacting with other people wether it's in person or on the net.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Good point...let's forget all the variables that come into play when racing.

Glad my basically stock car ran near the same times last night...must be the email tune and stock paper filter...

(Insert creative, witty tapatalk signature here)

Blackbird1084

forum member
Reaction score
I know all about all of the varibles in racing. The da's on both nights he raced were nearly the same, as was the temp being 84* both days. His ability to get a better 60' could have been from the change in throttle response that his tuner changed. His added mph could have been from the higher shifting. Personaly I still don't think he's shifting high enough and that he's car still isn't right. My car is also bolt-on only and has already ran 12's.

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
Blackbird honestly you dont even know half of it and I don't think its the tune or weather. I honestly think its the driver, plain and simple he just can't drive. He shouldn't go blaming a very reputable tuner over HIS error. I honestly can care less though, I just wanted to get what I think out there.

Blackbird1084

forum member
Reaction score
You'd be surprised what somebody with over 1000 passes knows about drag racing. If he wants to find out if it's his driving then he needs to find somebody down there that has a good rep for being a great driver.

Blackbird1084

forum member
Reaction score
If he doesn't listen than that's his problem. I'm the exact oppisite of the op. I'm always ready to listen to a person with more experiance than myself. Although when you own four diffrent types of cars all with diffrent chassis', it becomes harder to find people with more experiance. But like I said I don't believe he is shifting high enough and he's holding himself back.

If he wants proof it's his driving, here is the info from my last trip to the track.
1.9986 60ft
5.5730 330ft
8.5079 1/8th 83.64 mph
11.0409 1000ft 97.28 mph
13.1567 1/4 106.71 mph
This pass was made on street tires with a da of 3148 and the temp was 87*. Look at the gains in mph. A blower car usualy gains close to 30 mph on the top end. His 60' was much better than mine yet his et is barely .1 quicker. That tells me he's losing time shifting. He needs to shift faster and higher in his rpm range. Jpc set mr limiter at 7150 and I shift at 6500. He needs to get his limiter set high and shift about were I am.

Last edited by a moderator:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ok, this one is pointless at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back