Wheels...decisions, decisions, decisions

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
I hate picking out wheels. It's a pain in the ass because you think you've found "The" wheel, you buy them, have them mounted on the car, drive around feeling good..........then you see another car with the same damn wheels.

Oh well......here goes. Several choices and different ways to go with the car. If I go the Shelby GT route (Shelby GT/California Special front and rear bumpers, side scoops along with Cervini's upper window scoops and '67 GT500 hood) I have these picked out......
Shelby Wheels CS67
cs67_wheels.gif

17x8 Anthracite or Black

I could also do these with the Shelby motif.....
Konig Sideways Wheel
KonigSideways.jpg

17x8.5

Should I decide to do the Cervini's M1 kit I could do these.....

MachI.jpg

17x9 (Can't get that damned thing to resize)

Or....do we go with the stock body look by keeping the stock hood, adding the CDC ducktail spoiler and Type I chin spoiler with these from Raceline Wheels........

RL205_b.jpg

17x8

I know...I'm as indecisive as a damned woman but I don't want to be buying and selling wheels because I don't like this one or that one.

What are your thoughts?

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Believe me, been down that road...lmao. I'm on my second set and was going to get the foose nitrous, but after getting the saleen's mounted, i'm happy with them. I get tons of looks and doubt I will see another set of them around here.

shatter

White And Nerdy
Reaction score
Get the Shelby CS67s in 18" anthracite. They only just started making them in 18", so you won't run into another set for at least a week. :)

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I never have liked the Shelby wheels. But that's just me.

I would go for the Racelines.

Which ones weigh the least?

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
can I pick this one up again....

dammit I'm pissed I just wrote a great fucking post and ran it through ispel (spell check) hit the back key or something.. my awesome post it gone!!!

SHORT VERSION:

I've been searching wheel threads. Everyone does 20's it seems. They're too heavy for me.

I want chrome rims in 18's to fit a 1" lowered car (Roush springs) and to fit as much rubber in back as possible. I have LCA relocation brackets. I want to move both in and out close to the lip with the tire. I like the fat in back look. Post a link to a wheels tire package if you can...

Thank you.

Can someone post a rear view of 18 x 10 with a 41MM offset? Then tell me what tire size as well? I can find that....

Here's a great link Mister Roper posted BUT some don't exist in the real world.

http://www.bigcustomwheels.com/info_specs.jsp

Last edited:

ILW84U

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Can someone post a rear view of 18 x 10 with a 41MM offset? Then tell me what tire size as well? I

Here are a couple of quick pic's. These are 18x10 with a 45mm offset though. The tires are 295/45/18. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• pic 002 (Medium).jpg
    pic 002 (Medium).jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 21
  • pic 001 (Medium).jpg
    pic 001 (Medium).jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 22

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple of quick pic's. These are 18x10 with a 45mm offset though. The tires are 295/45/18. Hope this helps.

it does. That has a great look to it. WHat are they? Is it contained in the wheel well? Are you lowered?

ILW84U

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
it does. That has a great look to it. WHat are they? Is it contained in the wheel well? Are you lowered?

They are American Muscle deep dish Bullits. I have 18x9's on the front. All is contained nicely in the wheel well. I tried to show that in one of the pic's but it doesn't show up well. I'm at stock height though. I wouldn't be worried about lowering the back. My lowering issue is with the front. I have the CDC aggressive on the front & I am worried about it becoming too low!.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They are American Muscle deep dish Bullits. I have 18x9's on the front. All is contained nicely in the wheel well. I tried to show that in one of the pic's but it doesn't show up well. I'm at stock height though. I wouldn't be worried about lowering the back. My lowering issue is with the front. I have the CDC aggressive on the front & I am worried about it becoming too low!.

thank you. I'm going to google for 'em now! I like them :)

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the black version of those... the only picture I have is a larger version of my sig...

duckt1.JPG

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the black version of those... the only picture I have is a larger version of my sig...

well then, How could I go wrong thinking like you two... The fill it up nice !!

I don't like the weight of them though.. I see they are 29 lb.s (same as my stock 64w's I think) THAT is my next project.. this size in a "lighter" wheel. I may have to spend BIG bucks. That size and style and offset looks great.

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

duckt1.JPG
Those are my next wheels...they are simply the "right" wheel for the retro S197 look of our cars. My car's white, so the black will look good. Do you have them staggered or same all around? Size? And what tires are you running front/back?

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, 18x9" up front, 18x10" back. I have Michellen Pilot Sport PS2 rubber.

Back