Where did you T in your Mechanical Boost gauge with Saleen Supercharger specifically?

nmeofdst82

STY RMY
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
2233631067_613e562fe6.jpg

This is from another site were someone did it, but looks like it couldn't possibly work. With the updated vacuum routing from where that T goes into the SC around the back to the bypass, it looks as if he doesn't have it hooked up to the bypass at all.....

If you have a Saleen Supercharger and a Mechanical Boost Gauge...where did you T into and sucessfully see accurate vacuum/boost readings?

Thanks in advance.

nmeofdst82

STY RMY
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
1558482f2d6a35966.jpg

This is what mine looks like now, same as yours prol. So just after that T towards bypass if I understand you right?

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I didn't "T" in to anywhere. I went in to the existing port in the manifold on the passengers side front where the Saleen boost gauge would go.

braid4.jpg

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had read the port works better for an electronic boost gauge and the T off would be better for a mechanical gauge, i.e., more accurate readings. Just not sure if that makes sense since I don't know how an electronic boost gauge works.

Doc, where do you have the top reservoir hose going to? A catch can?

Last edited:

nmeofdst82

STY RMY
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
any ideas what piece and where you got it for the port adapter.....Let's just say, if you say -an etc etc..i'm gonna be lost

Yep.

Is that a fire extinguisher in your bay? Got a different picture showing the complete bay?

Yes, it is a Halon Automatic Extinguisher set to discharge at 286 degrees farenheit. Engine in stop and go LA traffic in 90 degree weather heading down to the Knott's show, no issue with it getting to hot. If it ever does go off cause of a fire, they replace it also. Was 115 from a dealer on Ebay, but I offered 90 and he took it. Cheap insurance policy.

1558482f5edf6e1dd.jpg

Last edited:

Mick Mach

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I didn't "T" in to anywhere. I went in to the existing port in the manifold on the passengers side front where the Saleen boost gauge would go.

braid4.jpg

same here on mine.
Hawg....what sensor is that you have in the right side crossover tube? water temp?....I have mine there...seems to be a bit warm? 210 on cool days and as high as 220 :( but I guess as long as I have a number to go by...its all ok.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had read the port works better for an electronic boost gauge and the T off would be better for a mechanical gauge, i.e., more accurate readings. Just not sure if that makes sense since I don't know how an electronic boost gauge works.
No idea on that one. I could certainly hope the manifold pressures would be equal throughout the manifold though.
Doc, where do you have the top reservoir hose going to? A catch can?
It's the overflow port for the reservoir. Just goes down under the car.
any ideas what piece and where you got it for the port adapter.....Let's just say, if you say -an etc etc..i'm gonna be lost
Autozone. Several fittings and crush rings came in a package with the nylon tubing.
Hawg....what sensor is that you have in the right side crossover tube? water temp?....I have mine there...seems to be a bit warm? 210 on cool days and as high as 220 :( but I guess as long as I have a number to go by...its all ok.
Yea, water temp. As for my temp settings, see Ropers thread about how to handle the heat.

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the second picture its how mine is setup with my turbo. then thats T'd to my boost controller and wastegate. works like a charm

J

jbailer

You can put the T in anywhere in that line from the boost actuator on the back passenger's side of the sc. The vacuum doesn't change in the line based on distance.

The only reason the port on the front of the sc would be better for an electric boost gauge is because for an electric gauge you need to screw in a transducter to convert the pressure to voltage. That just provides a convenient place. Plus it is easier to just splice the line and put a T in. I didn't know that port was up there when I did mine or I probably would have used that. I don't like having too many T's, I prefer straight hoses. With boosted applications I always worry about the hoses popping off, I've had it happen. Now on my Ts I take a small black zip tie and sinch down the tube over the connector. It probably wasn't going anywhere but I prefer the extra insurance.

Now that I know what that port is on the front I might switch to that since I'm in the process of adding braided hose. -Joe

Dread53

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dread, your bay looks great. Was it a bit of work to re-route the passenger side harness?

I've done a thread or two on that, but if you check my album on photobucket you can see what it took. I did the wiring, tubing and battery locate all at the same time, and not including the 3 months of prep it was 9 12-16 hour days. If I was doing it again, and just the wiring, I could probably cut it to 5 days. Here's one of the 'progress' photos.

DSC00198.jpg

Back