Where is my HP...13.29 at 100 mph?

Kevinmach1

Major Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I ran last night at the Cedar Falls raceway, ran a best of 13.29 with a 1.89 60 ft time and trapped at 100 mph.
My 1/8 mile mph was 85 mph, so it seems the first 1/8 is ok its just not getting the mph out of it on the second 1/8th.

I have the 127300 cams, but I am still running the stock exhaust manifolds. Think thats the culprit? Or should I be thinking tune?

I tried 3 different tunes, 1 from bbr, 1 from brenspeed, and 1 from brookspeed. All are very similar, but with the brenspeed I did get a 104 mph trap speed, but a lower et.

What should I be looking at?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah with only a 15 mph gain from the 1/8th to the 1/4, its definitely falling flat. Is it possible the tune is pulling timing on the big end? What gas are you using, what are your mods?

What is the DA at Cedar Falls Raceway?

Kevinmach1

Major Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is this what you mean?...

• Cedar Falls Raceway in Cedar Falls, Iowa
  • temperature = 61.0 deg f
  • corrected barometer* = 30.05 Hg
  • relative humidity = 36 %

• View forecasted data

• uncorrected barometer* = 29.10 Hg
  • dew point = 34.0 deg f
  • saturation pressure = 0.541 Hg
  • vapor pressure = 0.195 Hg
  • grains = 29.3
  • air density(without water vapor) = 96.96
  • air density (WITH water vapor) = 96.43
  • density altitude = 1238.96 ft

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
The D/A is not that bad. I wonder if it's the tunes but I find it strange that all tunes would make it fall flat in the 2nd half. Have the tuners send you new tunes and see that helps or you could just get a dyno tune.

Kevinmach1

Major Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The D/A is not that bad. I wonder if it's the tunes but I find it strange that all tunes would make it fall flat in the 2nd half. Have the tuners send you new tunes and see that helps or you could just get a dyno tune.

A dyno tune would be nice, but I'm in Iowa... I don't know of any shops near here with a dyno.. I hear there is one near Minneapolis.

Its only a couple weeks until I have to put it away for the winter though..

force recon

forum member
Reaction score
Hey i was at Cedar falls last nite and today also, was in a black gt500

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Check your plugs---or just replace them --- when mine would start going south I always lost mph on the big end.

The only thing that is confusing me is your mods are pretty mild, you shouldn't be having any problems with fouled plugs or the tune pulling timing.

Do you have any idea what your timing is at WOT, AND what is happening to your total timing on the big end? I.E. datalog?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just realized you have an aftermarket converter. When is your converter going into lockup? Converter could have a big effect on mph as well if the tune is not locking it.

iceguyb14

Mustang Fanatic
Reaction score
yeah your mph seems low. your 1/8mph is a little higher than mine (84.xx) but my mph in the 1/4 is much higher than yours (107.xx)

Kevinmach1

Major Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just realized you have an aftermarket converter. When is your converter going into lockup? Converter could have a big effect on mph as well if the tune is not locking it.

The converter is what my mechanic buddy was wondering about too. Something to do with slippage at wot??? I have a 3600 stall PI triple disc ready to go in this winter.

I just replaced the plugs, so I can't believe that would be the cause..

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
The converter is what my mechanic buddy was wondering about too. Something to do with slippage at wot??? I have a 3600 stall PI triple disc ready to go in this winter.

I just replaced the plugs, so I can't believe that would be the cause..

Has anyone reworked the transmission tuning since you put the converter in? If it isn't locking up there's your problem.

Hell....I ran 13.46 with a frickin' rented Shelby GT at Epping, NH in August of '06.

Kevinmach1

Major Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Has anyone reworked the transmission tuning since you put the converter in? If it isn't locking up there's your problem.

Hell....I ran 13.46 with a frickin' rented Shelby GT at Epping, NH in August of '06.

That's what I'm saying, I ran the same numbers before the cam swap...

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score

Are rentals "limited" in any type of way or is it just like getting a factory car?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back