Which mgw shift knob?

Blackmamba07

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone using the composite knob? I have a 2014 and ordering the race spec shifter. I want to know from the people that have had mgw shifters which knob you liked best. Thanks

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
gamer.gif
:popcorneat:

Last edited:

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Bahaha! I'm not too worried, no one else will put up with her crap the way I will.

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
I dont like the look of their composite knobs, I got this one from MGW when I ordered my Race Spec, the collar came with the shifter

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
I dont like the look of their composite knobs, I got this one from MGW when I ordered my Race Spec, the collar came with the shifter

I've just ordered the same knob (black with white), but with the MGW logo on the side.

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
I've just ordered the same knob (black with white), but with the MGW logo on the side.

they are nice quality knobs, and not too expensive, I might order either a black or white with the MGW logo as well for a change of pace lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score

You are running the Blowfish shifter bracket, correct? If so, I'd love to hear your feedback from the MGW shift knob when you get it installed. I am running a basic black with the shift pattern Steeda shift knob (Barton shifter), and since I installed my BF bracket, I get a horroble buzzing/rattling noise from the shift knob. It didn't do it before I installed the BF bracket. I guess the increease in NVH over my regular ole barton two-post bracket has caused the rattling inside the knob. Now I need to find a replacement.

Blackmamba07

forum member
Reaction score
I just completed my order for the race spec and black knob with pony and 1-6

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
You are running the Blowfish shifter bracket, correct? If so, I'd love to hear your feedback from the MGW shift knob when you get it installed. I am running a basic black with the shift pattern Steeda shift knob (Barton shifter), and since I installed my BF bracket, I get a horroble buzzing/rattling noise from the shift knob. It didn't do it before I installed the BF bracket. I guess the increease in NVH over my regular ole barton two-post bracket has caused the rattling inside the knob. Now I need to find a replacement.

I do have the Blowfish bracket but also an MGW shifter, not the Race Spec one though. At the moment there is no noise or undue vibration at all using the OEM shift knob. The Barton shifter uses the OEM lower box with the "snout" that is hard-clamped to the BF bracket, so I could see where that might be noisier. The BF bracket re-uses the rear MGW bracket which has the rubber isolator in it. I used the stiffer of the two available isolators and it's still completely quiet. Unless there's something loose inside the MGW shifter knob, I'm not expecting it to get noisier. I'll report either way. Looks like the ground-shipped it today.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back