Whipple 4.5L

cruzing2much

forum member
Reaction score
Never thought I would upgrade my 4.0L but I was getting close to reaching its limits so instead of spraying it I've decided to upgrade to a 4.5L. Also upgrading to a 2013 Shelby intercooler and added 2" headers with 4" collectors. So far best times with the 4.0L was a back to back 8.54 but never got a chance to try my smaller pulley. Here are some pics of the new build

whipple
[/URL][/IMG]
whipple
[/URL][/IMG]
whipple
[/URL][/IMG]
whipple
[/URL][/IMG]
whipple
[/URL][/IMG]
whipple
[/URL][/IMG]

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Gonna be awesome! Can't wait to see it run at the opener. Evo gonna have a booth down there or are you heading down solo?

cruzing2much

forum member
Reaction score
Gonna be awesome! Can't wait to see it run at the opener. Evo gonna have a booth down there or are you heading down solo?
Yeah evo has a booth we have 3 cars coming down should be a good time. Gotta get out of this cold shit for awhile. Hopefully it holds up until I can get my block sleeved. Will your car be down there?

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah evo has a booth we have 3 cars coming down should be a good time. Gotta get out of this cold shit for awhile. Hopefully it holds up until I can get my block sleeved. Will your car be down there?

Right on, will be cool to see. 3 of us are flying in for the same reason, get out of the cold for awhile and catch some racing. We are flying out late Thursday night so Ken will be driving my car in the event. I might try to slip a test run or two in if there is time. That involves shipping my safety gear out on the chance there might be some free time, so maybe not.

Can't wait to check your car out and see what it does. I'll be hoping my block holds up as well. Do you have any support in the block at all?

cruzing2much

forum member
Reaction score
Right on, will be cool to see. 3 of us are flying in for the same reason, get out of the cold for awhile and catch some racing. We are flying out late Thursday night so Ken will be driving my car in the event. I might try to slip a test run or two in if there is time. That involves shipping my safety gear out on the chance there might be some free time, so maybe not.

Can't wait to check your car out and see what it does. I'll be hoping my block holds up as well. Do you have any support in the block at all?

I have the welded block which has held up so far but for my goals I'm gonna talk to mike (L&M) about him sleeving it also. Like to make it through a season with out worrying about the factory sleeves. Wish somebody would come out with a beefier block already. Clearly there's a market for them. It'll be good to meet you in person see u in 2 weeks.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Very nice. Yeah I would prefer one power adder as well.

If you have already turned an 8.54, with this 4.5 I would think you could be the fastest blower car out there, correct? Or is that the "Green Goblin"? I thought they used a hit of N20 as well.

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
And I feel that 740rwhp with the 3.4 I use is more than enough ... lmao

Nice upgrade, would like to see a pic of the engine when its done !

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
When your blower displacement is bigger than your engine displacement.................you might be a redneck!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!!!!!!!!!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
looking good Chris, good luck with a quest for 7s, Mike will set you up well I'm sure!!

the blowers on the 5.0 still look a bit goofy to me with the stubby snout vs. the 5.4L set up where the pulley is directly on the case.

:lol: at "Cruz Missile" :cheers:

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
I saw Snow White at the King of the Street dyno day at Holley and that blower definitely looks massive! That thing should definitely rip!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I saw Snow White at the King of the Street dyno day at Holley and that blower definitely looks massive! That thing should definitely rip!

That was with the 4.0L blower. :evillaugh:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
oh, you're talking about the Lethal car, I thought you referred to Chris' car as "Snow White"

so yea, the LP car is a 4.5L

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back