Whipple HO Gen 2 and extras

BMWM3

Always Online
Reaction score
Well besides the damage to the superchargers intercooler (UPS packaged/shipped/damaged it, NOT the seller). BUT, the lack of communications between myself and the seller for questions regarding the UPS claim and now a missing part.... Im becoming not a happy camper considering I've got a $4100.00 paperweight right now until this claim is settled.

I know his communication is slow, I bought the saleen supercharger with gt500 fuel system/radio/ and three other things from him total of 5500 I think I paid.... but he will come through and handle your issues.

one.wicked.stang

Grudge Race?
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong Robbys been great. Its UPS that really has me pissed off. THEY packed it under the Pack and Ship Promise that if there is damage they will pay for it....that is until they find out the part they damaged is 1500.00 from Whipple! They have ME jumping thru hoops for the claim, it been filed and approved but they keep asking for paperwork, Ive given them everything I have related to the sale. I cant give them anymore. Now they want to speak with Robby, why I don't know. If they think Im just going to go away they are wrong. Its just frustrating that now I cant seem to get ahold of him..... Im giving him the benefit of the doubt, He may have been deployed I dont know. I just cant see a USMC being dishonest.... I'M JUST VERY FRUSTRATED!

Last edited:

artm

Reaction score
I had an issue along the same lines with a UPS Store packing service. The store packed a piece of network gear (a metal box with cards), 19-in x 12 x 22 deep, 60-lbs, with barely enough bubble wrap and mostly peanuts.

Well, it arrived severely tweaked and sticking out of the box. I filed a claim, UPS sent two reps to my house to inspect and they determined the packing was inadequate. Of course it was - it's against their own policy to use peanuts for heavy items but all UPS stores do so because it's cheap.

My claim was for the damaged box, as none of the cards were damaged. Since the stores are franchises, the owner insisted I send back the entire unit so he can proceed. I refused since I already had the cards sold for much more than the claim. I told me why did he need it since the UPS reps already made a determination.

He said it was store policy and the insurance company demanded it. Mind you, it is NOT UPS who is responsible, it is his insurance carrier.Why? Because I shipped it under HIS account not mine, as is their policy. That makes me subserviant to HIS insurance policy. If this was a normal UPS shipment under my account with insurance, UPS would be liable.

After much runaround, and after he refused my settlement, AMEX got involved and got me the entire claim and my original shipping charges. Why? Because you can complain about services with AMEX not just goods.

Lesson learned. Do NOT ship under their account, get it in writing that they will use packing material as per UPS guidelines, insist on no peanuts and ALWAYS pay with a credit card, preferably AMEX.

My last experience with another UPS store was different. They did NOT insist on using their account.

FR500GT

forum member
Reaction score
+1 for Robby being a stand up guy. Met him in person and did a parts swap with him.

I just cant see a USMC being dishonest.... I'M JUST VERY FRUSTRATED!

Same EXACT thing happened with my Saleen SC I purchased on another forum(though he was a member here). He was in the USMC as well. Long story short: he shipped me a blower, got "damaged" in transit with UPS, waited and waited, he didnt take care of it, I ate the cost and sold the blower to someone that wanted to rebuild it. I just became fed up and had to move on, never again...

one.wicked.stang

Grudge Race?
Reaction score
Thankfully this box was packaged by UPS under a pack and ship promise of they damage they pay, and thankfully insured for 2k. UPS contacted me on the 8th and "so far" I "should" be receiving a check to cover the damages in about 7-10 days. Ive got everything installed. I'm just waiting to drop the super charger onto the engine, this is of course after I have to purchase a new intercooler kit from Whipple and hope it doesnt arrive damaged. Ive already decided for overnight shipping on the part, figure less time out of transit and in my hands the better! It was/is a PIA dealing with UPS when it comes to claims! I'll be content once I actually have the check from them and the part from Whipple in hand. I know they have procedures/policies they must follow, doesn't make it any less frustrating. 4k doesnt come easy to me.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I will keep this thread open for communication purposes until its resolved. But, I kindly ask that anyone, not directly invloved in this transaction, please stop posting. Thank you..

one.wicked.stang

Grudge Race?
Reaction score
I will keep this thread open for communication purposes until its resolved. But, I kindly ask that anyone, not directly involved in this transaction, please stop posting. Thank you..

Thanks!

FYI:

ZuritaUSMC
Last Activity: 08-27-2011 10:57 AM

one.wicked.stang

Grudge Race?
Reaction score
FINALLY! UPS mailed out the claim check yesterday! Now I just need to hope they don't lose or damage it!!! I figure when I order the replacement part I'm getting it over night. Less chance of a repeat incident.

one.wicked.stang

Grudge Race?
Reaction score
Just an update, BRENSPEED helped me out getting the new intercooler, its now installed and waiting for the sealant to dry before I install it. This has been a 2 month ordeal, Ive STILL now got to wait for Pypes to send me the correct leg of the O/R H, first there was no right leg when it first shipped so they sent me another.... too bad they sent me another left leg with a right leg part number on it. I just cant win!!!! Now waiting AGAIN for the correct part to show up from them.

BTW still no contact from Robby (seller) 4 days shy of a month since he last logged on...........

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
Im glad its working out for you. And not all Marines are "honest". Sure its a core value of ours but some guys just don't give a fuck i guess.

So glad it worked for you and cant wait to hear what you think about it! I LOVE my Saleen S/C!! I love it so much, I blew my motor trying to make it happy! :)

one.wicked.stang

Grudge Race?
Reaction score
ANOTHER UPDATE: Car started, no leaks, no weird noises. LITO sent me a start up tune and a couple of tweaks to it. Did a WOT and sent him results. Just waiting to here back from him. Ive got a stretch of straight road near me that has a very slight downgrade and no streets that cross over for like a 1/2 mile or more on either side, can go balls out with no worries...

So, everything looks ok with the supercharger so far. Its got the 3.375 pulley on it and LITO actually recommended the 3.25 AFTER we see what my boost levels are, he says Im loosing a little because of the hotrod cams.. Just need the boost gauge to get here now. Always waiting for parts...........

Racingtheburg

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like the seller is out of the picture now correct? Everything is done as for the deal?

Thanks

zuritausmc

I love Red Bull
Reaction score
Glad everything was taken care of. And for the peanut gallery, yes I've been away and busy. Went and got my wife in nc after the hurricane, packed the house, drove the biggest penske across country, found a house and moved in. Packed up my old house in ca, and moved that as well. So I've been way too busy for the last month to do anything on here just like I told some other people on here who were potential buyers for some of my things. Im sure I had told the buyer as well. All was out of my hands and in the hands of ups with the exception of the maf thing which will be dealt with now. No dishonesty here, just busy. The first thing I even did today was email the buyer back before I even saw this thread. But I think that's a fair rebuttal.

Racingtheburg

forum member
Reaction score
I opened the thread back up to let the seller respond. Thank you for responding and hope all went well with the moves.

one.wicked.stang

Grudge Race?
Reaction score
Glad everything was taken care of. And for the peanut gallery, yes I've been away and busy. Went and got my wife in nc after the hurricane, packed the house, drove the biggest penske across country, found a house and moved in. Packed up my old house in ca, and moved that as well. So I've been way too busy for the last month to do anything on here just like I told some other people on here who were potential buyers for some of my things. Im sure I had told the buyer as well. All was out of my hands and in the hands of ups with the exception of the maf thing which will be dealt with now. No dishonesty here, just busy. The first thing I even did today was email the buyer back before I even saw this thread. But I think that's a fair rebuttal.

Yes, he indeed contacted me this AM. As far as moving across the country you did not inform me but that is water under the bridge, as I kept stating previously it was the BS I had to deal with UPS over that had me so agitated. Everything is ok and no ill feeling regarding this deal or with Robby. :beerchug2:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back