Whipple Intake Intercooler can it be repaired?

whippledpony

forum member
Reaction score
i guess my intercooler on my whipple has a hole on it, are these possible to get fixed by a radiator shop or will the only fix be to order a new one

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Have you called Whipple? I ask because they had a run of leaky intercoolers a few years ago and they are pretty good about taking care of known issues like that even if you are out of the Whipple warranty.

i guess my intercooler on my whipple has a hole on it, are these possible to get fixed by a radiator shop or will the only fix be to order a new one

whippledpony

forum member
Reaction score
i will call tommarrow

thanx for that information, i wonder if there is anyone in the forum that can tell me how they delt with the issue with whipple

Last edited by a moderator:

rayS197

Reaction score
I thought my leak was the intercooler. I pressurized what I could and found no leaks. I called and spoke to Mike and he told me to send everything to him. Two days later he called and stated the intercooler was holding pressure and they were looking at some other things. They ended up replacing the discharge plate and some other small things and shipped it back to me.
DSCN0927.jpg

whippledpony

forum member
Reaction score
thanx for that info i will call tommarrow and see what i am told

who would be the best person to talk to at whipple i have herd there is a guy there named Art that is really good with customer service, i dont think the blower has much of a waranty because i bought the car with it on, and the car had 34,000 miles

Last edited by a moderator:

demarcom

forum member
Reaction score
I suppose you mean the intercooler under the SC and not the heat exchanger that mounts in the bumper? if the intercooler like you and Ray mentioned, then call whipple, but if heat exchanger, try the radiator repair shop first... should be a standard repair for them.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back