Whipple intercooler install question

Cdvision

Whipple Club
Reaction score
Do you have to pull the front facia to install the Whipple intercooler? It doesn't say anything in the install manual and I haven't had a look under the car yet to check for clearance. It looks like it should clear ok.

Last edited:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I can't say for sure about the Whipple, but when I swapped out my KB unit for the Gords a few months ago, it said it could be done with the fascia on. But since it only takes about 10 minutes to take it off, I decided to remove it anyway. It made the install much easier.

F00Mustang

Goes from a dig
Reaction score
No, you dont need to. Just slide up underneath and you will see that the brackets mount right to the inside of the bumber mounts. No problem.

Cdvision

Whipple Club
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the replies. I'm getting excited to install my Big Boost upgrade kit, it's sitting in my basement. I'm going to do it in 2 stages-the fuel pump first and the intercooler second. I should have it done by the end of the month. But there's still lots of snow on the ground and it's cold!!

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Yep, it goes in without removing the bumper. It won't take you long to get it on. Get ready to replace that tensioner soon...lol.

Cdvision

Whipple Club
Reaction score
I got busy yesterday and started on the project. I installed the intercooler assembly, hoses,tank and wiring. I still have the 6 lb pulley in place and will swap it out with the 10 lb once I install the GT500 fuel pump and tune. I'm going to wait a few days before I fire it up and add coolant to the intercooler system, just to make sure the sealant around the water passages is fully cured. The pump and pulley may get installed next week. But no big hurry as there is still a few feet of snow on the ground.
P3050373Medium.jpg

P3060383Medium.jpg

P3060380Medium.jpg

P3060378Medium.jpg

P3050375Medium.jpg

Last edited:

Cdvision

Whipple Club
Reaction score
Looking really good.
Thanks, I'll probably mount the fuel pump driver and route the wiring on Monday. Then do the fuel pump, pulley and tune the following week as I have a fuel pump collar tool on order ($6.65).It's getting close now.:leghump:

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll probably mount the fuel pump driver and route the wiring on Monday. Then do the fuel pump, pulley and tune the following week as I have a fuel pump collar tool on order ($6.65).It's getting close now.:leghump:
I don't remember needing any special tools for doing the fuel pump? I remember doing a little swearing while trying to slide that dang gt500 duel pump setup into the tank though!:samuri:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back