Whiteline Sway Settings?

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
well got the swaybars on. i set the front on the 3rd hole and rear in the fourth and will see how goes and change from there.

the whiteline front bar is pretty heavy but i like the solid swaybar and the design of the rear is tits to me. i just couldnt figure out how to "set-up" the rear as far as the endlinks. didnt know if the end where the links hook to it needs to be parallel with the ground or if it should have an upward tilt to it at the end.

Doesn't matter, as long as both end links are the same length. (Unless the car is corner-balanced.)

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
ok cool. im new to the whole adjustable stuff. on my camaro's i just put on Hotchkis and Bilstein suspension all of which was just bolt on and what you got is what you got.

fun4me

forum member
Reaction score
This is correct. Leave the rear bar in the softest setting. The Whiteline rear bar is much stiffer than the OEM one, and the car can get tail happy really fast.

Take a look at my build thread for some pictures and tips for installing the bars:
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98632
Did I miss HOW stiff the WL rear bar is? Or for that matter is there another bar thats stiffer than the Boss rear bar?

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Hmmmm......

I'm going to run something by "the powers to be" tomorrow.

I think I may have just completely changed our mind on releasing our "new" rear sway-bars. (they have been designed for 4+ years) lol..... Oh, I am going to get an evil eye tomorrow morning.

I love these threads and the input. So valuable.

fun4me

forum member
Reaction score
Hmmmm......

I'm going to run something by "the powers to be" tomorrow.

I think I may have just completely changed our mind on releasing our "new" rear sway-bars. (they have been designed for 4+ years) lol..... Oh, I am going to get an evil eye tomorrow morning.

I love these threads and the input. So valuable.
Your input is much appreciated as well.
Hope your rear bars will be stiffer than Fords.....

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
They will be.

The design idea I have, the rates would go from 200ish all the way up to 1500+ for the drag guys!

NEMustang

Mad Motorsports Products
Reaction score
I still don't get the Whiteline design...yes, it allows for wider tires, but to me, it's mounted backwards and introduces unsprung weight.

Why not have the bar mounted with the stock body mount locations (better rods) and have the ends of the bar mount to a location like the inboard side of custom (like BMR) LCA brackets? The bar would become mostly sprung weight, the mounts to the axle would be away from any tires, solving the clearance issues.

The Whiteline solves one problem but creates others (more unsprung weight, just for tire clearance and adjustability).

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I still don't get the Whiteline design...yes, it allows for wider tires, but to me, it's mounted backwards and introduces unsprung weight.

Why not have the bar mounted with the stock body mount locations (better rods) and have the ends of the bar mount to a location like the inboard side of custom (like BMR) LCA brackets? The bar would become mostly sprung weight, the mounts to the axle would be away from any tires, solving the clearance issues.

The Whiteline solves one problem but creates others (more unsprung weight, just for tire clearance and adjustability).

awjeeznotthisshitagain.jpg

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1720461&postcount=32

NEMustang

Mad Motorsports Products
Reaction score
SkyRender,

1. Your link is to a post in a different thread that I hadn't read yet. So no, it's not the same shit again. Kelly from BMR was sharing their design...I did the same...
  2. Wasn't bashing Whiteline, just trying to understand why one design when the logical method is the reverse it...like most ARBs. I was simply suggesting a different approach and trying to be more creative with the mounting. Again, the LCA bracket area seems logical. Maybe someone else has already thought of this and implemented it. I haven't seems Sam's mounting location, but I thought it mounts to the outside of the LCA bracket.
  3. Sorry for thinking and sharing my thoughts and trying to add some tech to a discussion...won't happen again.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Dave, we are going to be releasing a new sway-bar set-up soon. If you want to be patient, you will be happy with them, I promise.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
SkyRender,

1. Your link is to a post in a different thread that I hadn't read yet. So no, it's not the same shit again. Kelly from BMR was sharing their design...I did the same...
  2. Wasn't bashing Whiteline, just trying to understand why one design when the logical method is the reverse it...like most ARBs. I was simply suggesting a different approach and trying to be more creative with the mounting. Again, the LCA bracket area seems logical. Maybe someone else has already thought of this and implemented it. I haven't seems Sam's mounting location, but I thought it mounts to the outside of the LCA bracket.

Sorry, I didn't realize you weren't on here long enough to hear the unsprung weight argument, which has been argued over and over again on just about every thread that mentions Whiteline sway bars.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
I haven't seems Sam's mounting location, but I thought it mounts to the outside of the LCA bracket.

Sam's 22mm rear bar follows about the same routing as Ford's OE bar, with the adjustment bolts being picked up in brackets bolted to the lower shock brackets (IOW, very similar to the OE bar bending outward through similar brackets bolted in the same places). I'm assuming that the 25mm bar is similar.

Given that there would be a significant amount of lateral tire distortion around the lower third of the tire circumference where the arms of most any of these bars run, there very possibly would be rubbing even if there was a fair amount of static clearance.

Norm

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I am going to make a new thread. I would love everyone's input. We have several designs, but are having a hard time finalizing. I may just leave to you guys to determine what we decide to release. Why not?

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Sam's 22mm rear bar follows about the same routing as Ford's OE bar, with the adjustment bolts being picked up in brackets bolted to the lower shock brackets (IOW, very similar to the OE bar bending outward through similar brackets bolted in the same places). I'm assuming that the 25mm bar is similar.

Given that there would be a significant amount of lateral tire distortion around the lower third of the tire circumference where the arms of most any of these bars run, there very possibly would be rubbing even if there was a fair amount of static clearance.

Norm

Norm, I am going to make a thread later today. Will you provide some input in it? I would love your input to be used, along with everyone else's...on our sway-bars.

NEMustang

Mad Motorsports Products
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't realize you weren't on here long enough to hear the unsprung weight argument, which has been argued over and over again on just about every thread that mentions Whiteline sway bars.

No problem...I usually follow Terry's threads (when I got lots of time to read!!), but missed that section. Thanks!

Back to tech...or design...would the approach that I mentioned be feasible? The motion ratio would not be the best as the ends of the bars would be inward of the LCA mount. The MR might be better if the end of the bar was mounted on the outside of the LCA mount and get:
  1. Use of stock chassis mounting point
  2. Extra tire clearance
  3. Better MR
  4. Sprung Weight
I should probably post this elsewhere to move away from Whiteline references.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No problem...I usually follow Terry's threads (when I got lots of time to read!!), but missed that section. Thanks!

Back to tech...or design...would the approach that I mentioned be feasible? The motion ratio would not be the best as the ends of the bars would be inward of the LCA mount. The MR might be better if the end of the bar was mounted on the outside of the LCA mount and get:
  1. Use of stock chassis mounting point
  2. Extra tire clearance
  3. Better MR
  4. Sprung Weight
I should probably post this elsewhere to move away from Whiteline references.

I'm having a hard time visualizing what you're proposing here. You're saying the sway bars would connect directly behind the lower control arm attachment points on the axle?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back