Why am I so slow

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
People still think they should get awesome results with street tires on a dragstrip? just checking.

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
Hello, tonight was my first night at the track. I ran a 13.64 with a 2.3 60 foot and 110 mph trap. I have a Paxton 1200 novi, stock tires, a meth injection kit. Hep me get into 12s please
Is this a 3v car, or 4v car? I see nothing that even describes what car this is for sure, only thing that tells me this isn't a 2v car is the forum's s197 name. But in any car, you have to get off the line with a 60' time under 2 seconds to have a decent run, and drag radials will surely help a ton imo.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Hello, tonight was my first night at the track. I ran a 13.64 with a 2.3 60 foot and 110 mph trap. I have a Paxton 1200 novi, stock tires, a meth injection kit. Hep me get into 12s please

:okay2:
edit: shit I already weighed in on this.

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
Besides the obvious its common for first time out on a new setup to be tossed right out as far as validity of times. IMO your first two or three passes are just for getting a feel if the setup is really new (going from N/A to boost is kind of a big deal). Then from there you start adjusting things to get the car and the driver dialed in.

Also I think the OP is new to this game. A lot of people don't know how important the first 60' is to making a good time. Then there is the art of lifting the clutch on street tires and then the discussion of whether you actually want to do that or not.

My choice with street tires is to dump the clutch at a lower rpm instead of the higher RPM that would be used with drag tire. I know lifting the clutch instead of dropping it allows you to stay in the power band without blowing up street tires, but it heats up the clutch and is hard to replicate well from run to run. Thus dropping from a low RPM removes a variable allowing you to dial other things.

All of which, guess what, takes more than 3 passes to hone in.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is this a 3v car, or 4v car? I see nothing that even describes what car this is for sure, only thing that tells me this isn't a 2v car is the forum's s197 name. But in any car, you have to get off the line with a 60' time under 2 seconds to have a decent run, and drag radials will surely help a ton imo.

Sig...

2008 Dark Candy Apple Red Mustang GT.

skaarlaj

Reaction score
Are you trying to be helpful, or complaining for posting too much? I went to his original post to look to see his sig, and for some reason it wasn't shown until the 4th post. IMO no big deal, but if you were just trying to be helpful, thank you. If this was your way of complaining, you're kind of "weirding" me out.

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was giving u your answer and pointin out a way for you to be self sufficient with a modicum of effort. We expect some effort from the membership to find a answer and not expect to be spoon fed here.

I realize you're new so I'm taking a gentle approach so far. However, please use the multi quote feature, the edit function and the search tools in the future more often.

Last edited:

skaarlaj

Reaction score
I was giving u your answer and pointin out a way for you to be self suggest with a modicum of effort. We expect some effort from the membership to find a answer and not expect to be spoon fed here.

I realize you're new so I'm taking a gentle approach so far. However, please use the multi quote feature, the edit function and the search tools in the future more often.

Thanks for trying to help. But I had a question, you knew the answer and told me, and here at S197, that's considers me of being "spoon-fed" LIGHTEN UP! This is a good forum, but kinda weird you have to "border" on being a Nazi to comply with the rules.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There are a few simple things that made this board what it is, we strive to keep those things intact, that's the way it is.

Don't like it I'll be glad to show you the door.

Or keep up the attitude and see how that goes for you.

skaarlaj

Reaction score
This goofball can type anything he likes, or throw me out. I enjoy the tech here, but with or without the info from this site, my mustang that is now stock will surely be quick at the track in due time, That is the reality, but these sites certainly help for sure. Oh well?

skaarlaj

Reaction score
They have a supercharger bro. Car is instantly fast.
That is the truth, I spend a lot of time at an eighth mile strip, and the first thing I look for is sticky tires to size 'em up. I've seen a 2015 Vette, and a new 700+hp hell-cat running in the 9's, just like the rest of stock Camaros, mustangs, and challengers. Blowers or nitrous actually encourages me to go against them if I see a car like that on stock "street" tires.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back