Why me!! order issue

P-51 Performance

forum member
Reaction score
So I ordered a rim and a fender last Monday from you guys after getting into a little accident(curb came out of no where). Got it today and its the wrong fender.i got a 94-98 fender,How do you send the wrong fender? Waited a week for the rim and fender to drive it and now I cant. Was supposed to be installing my new fuel set up and tuning it but now everything is going to get pushed back thanks. WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO NOW?

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Make a phone call. Will get you much further than posting on a forum that is not moderated by them as much as there phones are!

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
definitely fucked up, but much quicker response using the phone no doubt.

P-51 Performance

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry, there sending me the correct fender and it will be here Friday. hopefully...I ordered the fender last week on monday and didnt get here till today so hopefully it gets here friday.

AMWill

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I'm sorry for the mix-up! It sounds like the wrong part number was pulled from the warehouse by mistake. As our employees don't open the packages, so I can see how they sent the wrong fender with from a mixed up part number. Plus human error is inevitable sometimes and mistakes happen unfortunately.

Regardless, I'm glad you're being taken care of now! Please send me a PM directly if you ever have any issues or concerns. I'll do whatever I can to assist you!

Shane

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
On a mistake like this I would think the part would be overnighted. Id be upset if I had to put my life on hold because of another persons error.

P-51 Performance

forum member
Reaction score
Right?I have to call work and say im going to go in late because I have to drop off someones mistake. I also have to wait to get everything tuned and finalized because someone else messed up? Not even two day shipping? I have the standard 3-5days. I could of got that fender local from a part out mustang for like 100$ but I always get my stuff from yall. Needed a new roush chin and side skirts but probably will look somewhere else now.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I'm assuming they are sending you a call tag for the return. You should be able to just put the sticker on the box and let UPS pick it up off the front porch.

AMWill

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Right?I have to call work and say im going to go in late because I have to drop off someones mistake. I also have to wait to get everything tuned and finalized because someone else messed up? Not even two day shipping? I have the standard 3-5days. I could of got that fender local from a part out mustang for like 100$ but I always get my stuff from yall. Needed a new roush chin and side skirts but probably will look somewhere else now.

P-51 Performance,

I'm truly sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. I assure you mistakes like this are not the norm! It would be very surprising if you had any issues with your future orders. I hope we'll still do business down the road!

I see the replacement fender has the upgraded 3day guaranteed shipping. According to UPS, it's expected to arrive Friday.

Shane

msczesny1186

forum member
Reaction score
I'm sorry for the mix-up! It sounds like the wrong part number was pulled from the warehouse by mistake. As our employees don't open the packages, so I can see how they sent the wrong fender with from a mixed up part number. Plus human error is inevitable sometimes and mistakes happen unfortunately.

Regardless, I'm glad you're being taken care of now! Please send me a PM directly if you ever have any issues or concerns. I'll do whatever I can to assist you!

Shane

I had a similar issue happen with wrong part numbers being pulled on center caps i was ordering not too long ago. I eventually got the correct parts after 3 phone calls, 3 orders and 3 weeks time. Someone has to check the warehouse. Just saying.

AMWill

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I had a similar issue happen with wrong part numbers being pulled on center caps i was ordering not too long ago. I eventually got the correct parts after 3 phone calls, 3 orders and 3 weeks time. Someone has to check the warehouse. Just saying.

Can you send me a PM with more details about your experience? Please include your order if you have it. If not, could you provide me your First/Last name and shipping address? I'd like to see what happened with your order and if there's anything that needs to be attended to.

Thanks for the feedback!

Shane

Black_GT

SIIXVII
Reaction score
At least this mistake was just sending you a different fender lol. Not like you were getting screwed or ripped off like I almost did from a separate major mustang company here on the boards, who's been around for ages.

Awhile back I ordered "front oem-take-off brake rotors with new ceramic pads". The ad said less than 5miles on the rotors! Bullshat! :handjob: They looked like they had 50,000miles! They were completely warped, un-machined/un-even, scratched and full of horrendous rust. Plus the pads that came with them were full metal pads :wtf1:. Completely sketchy. My buddies laughed at the parts when I showed them and we were all in disbelief that the major mustang company sold this crap. In the end, sure I got my full payment returned to me, but I felt like I had almost been taken for.

/rant over.

Cliff note:
American Muscle is now my go to place :beer: :thumb:. Things could've been worse lol. Glad it is being worked out.

Last edited:

BigSkyGT

Not your daddy.
Reaction score
I made the mistake of trying to order the Raxiom Gen5 taillights when they first came out. On December 2nd I placed my order for a pair of them but they were out of stock. I was placed on the back order list and was told it would be about 2 weeks before a new shipment was to come in. Over those two weeks I would from time to time check the website to see if they were back in stock. I had even chatted with their online rep and asked if they fill the back orders before they show as back in stock. He said they do. Roughly two weeks after I ordered I noticed that the website said back in stock and I got excited thinking I would get a notification saying my order was being prepared for shipping. Within thirty minutes of me checking the website they were out of stock again. I did not get a notification so I called and spoke to the order guy and was told it would be 5 weeks or longer before a new shipment was to come in. I decided to cancel the order instead of wait any longer. A day or so later I decided to order wheels instead of lights. While surfing the wheels section I decided to have one more look at the lights just in case I might change my mind. When I checked back it said "In Stock". I was shocked but I quickly reordered and my order was approved and I was notified that my item was at the warehouse being prepared for shipping. An hour or two later I got an email saying the order had been canceled due to incorrect inventory. I was again given the option to be placed on the back order list. I said no and again canceled the order. I did buy a set of bullitts and some center caps but I doubt now that I will purchase the Raxiom taillights due to the price increase.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
You should have just kept the original order and waited, they had so many people order they finally filled them all just last month, websites always have odd bugs but canceling the order to try again later isn't their fault

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back