wide band o2 sensor on long tube headers

Joe88xj

forum member
Reaction score
I will be putting long tube headers on my 06 GT in near future been doing
some research and noticed guys mentioning adding a bung to the exhaust
for a wide band sensor, I have the capability to do this but don't know if I need it or not, I would rather do it before exhaust is installed than afterwards.

I am currently NA will be mating long tubes with a pypes x pipe and flowmaster outlaws. If anybody could chime in with benefits of this sensor being added I would appreciate it. I told myself I wasn't going to supercharge this car but I might end up doing so later. I did a search didn't find much.

Thanks guys!

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
It's good to have for remote tuning but not necessarily needed. It's also nice to monitor it as 05-09 models (maybe wasn't until 11-14 that came with factory wideband) don't come with a wideband from factory.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
I'd put one on and plug it for now. If you're going to do anything that needs tuning it'll be handy to have.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
also make sure that wherever you put it, that the sensor wont hit the floor pan on the car once installed.

they recommend to angle the sensor down slightly so any condensation doesnt pool in the sensor and short or whatever itll do

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
It's good to have for remote tuning but not necessarily needed. It's also nice to monitor it as 05-09 models (maybe wasn't until 11-14 that came with factory wideband) don't come with a wideband from factory.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

11 was the first year for true Wideband O2's. Sorry 3V guys. Oh and for something more the premium model Mustang GT has AFR display available in the gauge section along with ECT, voltage, auto trans temp, and IAT. Oil pressure and temp are there but are glorified idiot lights.

After having the AFF available on my past this and my 13 previously I'd never own another performance vehicle without one. That along with a vacuum gauge (or vac/boost on FI setups) can help with trouble shooting potential issues.

Last edited:

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Mine is in the stock rear O2 location on the driver side.
I haven't seen any delay in it's response time and it has been working great for my data logs.

ponys197

forum member
Reaction score
Mine is in the rear O2 sensor as well on the drivers side for my AEM XGauge. Works great.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back