Will factory lug nuts work with RTR wheels?

SonicBlur

]V[EGADET]-[
Reaction score
Wood Dale/Schaumburg, Illinois. Near Chicago
I just bought a set of silver RTR wheels and I don't know if the factory lug nuts will work. I searched and all I was able to find was that they are tight and I risk scratching the wheel? True? False?

FWIW, they are going on a 2009 GT.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I have a brand new set of McGard black splined lug nuts. I thought they were standard black lugs so I probably won't use them.

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
OP I don't mean to thread jack but I have the same question, only my wheels are Shelby Razors.

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you sir:thumbup:

Again: OP very sorry for the thread jack, just didn't want to start a new one with the same basic question:beer:

Rolltide2012

Oil and Gas
Reaction score
Thank you sir:thumbup:

Any time bud, remember sometimes is better to spend a bit extra and make your car look good and feel safe. You have some very nice wheels and a nice set of spline lugnuts would compliment the good look of your wheels

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Any time bud, remember sometimes is better to spend a bit extra and make your car look good and feel safe. You have some very nice wheels and a nice set of spline lugnuts would compliment the good look of your wheels

So true. They are the anthracite with polished lip and I am wondering what some black lugs would look like with them, since my car is black...

Rolltide2012

Oil and Gas
Reaction score
So true. They are the anthracite with polished lip and I am wondering what some black lugs would look like with them, since my car is black...

That may look good, different for sure! Cant go wrong with chrome either. Check them out on the late model restoration site. You cant beat $30.00 for the kit with free shipping. Those guys ship super fast

Tight Lines

forum member
Reaction score
I just bought a set of silver RTR wheels and I don't know if the factory lug nuts will work. I searched and all I was able to find was that they are tight and I risk scratching the wheel? True? False?

FWIW, they are going on a 2009 GT.

I use the splined lugs.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Let's put it this way. If you use the factory lugs, and then get a flat tire, you will play hell getting them off unless you have a VERy thin walled socket/other tool to remove the factory lugs. With the splined lugs, you will use an adapter that fits over them leaving plenty of clearance between the socket and your wheels. Then, you can use a 4-way lug wrench to get them off.

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
For anyone else that has this question about Shelby Razor wheels, buy the splined lugs when you get the wheels. You can't fit the socket for factory lugs in the hole to tighten the lug.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back