Will it fit?

bigbooster

2008 Mustang GT Owner
Reaction score
I know the bane of a moderator's existence is a misplaced thread about what exhaust sounds best (Polite nod to stkjock). So that is not what this is.

I simply want to know if a 2013 gt500 catback with the dual tips would fit into a mostly stock 2008 mustang gt convertible. I found very little information regarding this swap on both this forum and google as a whole. In a search to find a replacement for my cheap current mufflers i stumbled across this craigslist post.

https://miami.craigslist.org/brw/ptd/5448951812.html

I do have access to all of the tools that could complete a standard exhaust job, but anything involving cutting or welding is out of my league.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Pretty sure you would need to redo the exhaust hangers
Not sure if the pipe diameter is the same so you would need to check that, and dual tips on bumper you may need to modify the bumper

bigbooster

2008 Mustang GT Owner
Reaction score
I can handle some modification to the bumper and possibly the relocation of the hangers, but if the pipe itself doesn't match up, then that could be an issue.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure the diameter is different and the exhaust manifolds between the 5.8L and 4.6L are definately different. I do not think it will fit. Probably why there's not much info out on doing such a swap.

bigbooster

2008 Mustang GT Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I just wanted to be sure before I waved away the (beautiful) thought of having quad exhaust on my car.

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
the pipe diameter is definitely different. don't see why that's too big of a problem though, a decent muffler shop should be able to get you straightened out.
the bright side is, if you do end up figuring out how to get it welded up and fit, it'll be very unique.

bigbooster

2008 Mustang GT Owner
Reaction score
If someone else could make it work, i would be ecstatic. I will ask around the local shops and see if anyone would be willing to take on this job without costing me an arm and a leg. If i can find a solution, i will keep you guys updated.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back