Will somone in the know please explain the delay in the Power Numbers for the GT?

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
Yes... I am too lazy to search, but what is the deal with holding up the power numbers? 430...440... 445... 450.. which is it?

Here is an article from March 16, 2010 where the increased numbers were released for the 2011 Mustang. Here we are in July and WE STILL DONT KNOW !

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/16/2011-ford-mustang-gt-rocks-out-with-412-horsepower-26-mpg-highw/

I have heard comments that the Ford Engineers are working out the emissions and the gas mileage.. like the difference between 27 and 25 hywy MPG will amount to either 440 hp to 450 hp... is this for real... I don't see it.

or

Is Ford holding out for marketing reasons... I just wanna KNOW !

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I dont think anyone knows. I dont understand how people are comfortable ordering a car they know nothing about.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
thing is ford is delaying this model till later in the year, other models were already being shipped before july.

didnt the 2014 come out like super early during 2013?

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
I dont think anyone knows. I dont understand how people are comfortable ordering a car they know nothing about.

we pretty much know everything... except the power & torque...which are pretty important..

Does anyone here remember the 2001 Cobra?

BEAST

CHEROKEE NOOB HUNTER
Reaction score
It's back to 412 hp for emissions....... but has a better intake spacer for throttle response, new light weight blinker fluid, and front and rear sound tubes!

:stir: lol.

I want to know too damn it!

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
What difference does it make? No really do you think you can feel the difference between 420 and 440? If you say yes you are full of shit. The weather can change and it can make plus or minus 20 hp. Different gas can make a 20hp difference and you would never know it. Mine will be SC inside a year adding 100 to 150 hp now that's difference I can feel.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Would sure like to see one up close no matter the numbers. Curiosity is killing me lol.

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
What difference does it make? No really do you think you can feel the difference between 420 and 440? If you say yes you are full of shit. The weather can change and it can make plus or minus 20 hp. Different gas can make a 20hp difference and you would never know it. Mine will be SC inside a year adding 100 to 150 hp now that's difference I can feel.

It is not keeping me from ordering one...I just want to know the actual reason... is it a marketing ploy, or is there something funny going on... every time changes are made to any type of mechanism, there are unintended consequences that can cause problems, and since the engine received a bunch of upgrades (changes), I wonder if there is some strange issue that they are having to deal with...

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score
The thing is this is a complete platform change. They have to retool the assembly lines pretty much completely. Its not the same as a model year change over on this line. Retooling means longer down time at the plant. It must be coming along nicely as my company is a tier one supplier and they are doing system fill now so we are receiving orders for parts.

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
The thing is this is a complete platform change. They have to retool the assembly lines pretty much completely. Its not the same as a model year change over on this line. Retooling means longer down time at the plant. It must be coming along nicely as my company is a tier one supplier and they are doing system fill now so we are receiving orders for parts.

Exactly when real production parts start coming together they will be able make accurate estimates but until then any estimate could only lead to disappointment or accusations. Better not say anything or like I did in my business under promise and over deliver.

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
OK, here is what matters... the automatic (that is what I plan to get) increased in weight by 1.47% while the HP increased 3.6%... so I have no complaints !

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back