Window seal help

rickf

forum member
Reaction score
I am going to post this here since I do not see any other place for body related posts. I am replacing the seals on the upper trim panels and I found someone had been there before and put some sort of goo in there and in the process of trying to get it out so the new seals will adhere the two part panels are falling apart. I cannot find a part number on the panel that even comes close to a Ford part number and I can't find them listed anywhere. Has anyone run into this before? I can't believe that a part that fits 2005 through 2010 cars is not made or available anymore.

rickf

forum member
Reaction score
I found a few on E-bay and Tasca does have them listed. All are around 150.00! I think I will clean mine up and look into gluing the two halves together. I can see a definite design problem with that two piece bit. The water that comes in from the roof side only has a very small width of gasket before it hits that seam, Which is not sealed in any way, and at that point the water can run into the inside of the gasket and follow it down to the SJB! What a STUPID design and they used this up until 2015 from the look of the parts lookup!

bl817

Reaction score
I replaced mine using camper seal from a local big box store. less than 10 bucks and a day.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back