Window tint scratches from stabilizer bar.

Tight Lines

forum member
Reaction score
After inspecting for the tint scratches and the felt, it seems it may be something else as the felt is fine. The scratch is a fine scratch about 2" wide almost in the middle of the window. The edges of the scratch or straight. At the top of the scratch it looks as though it shifts ever so slightly but only at the top.
Looks like it is a stabilizer bar 22380. Anybody know if this can be adjusted or can I add moleskin to it to protect the tint? Anybody else have this problem 2010+?
4bdeb1b1f78d9f2002502ca460228152_zps53532144.jpg

Thanks.

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
I would add a quality moleskin. I thought this was only a 05-07 mustang issue. Are the scratches on both driver and passenger windows?

Tight Lines

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 2011. My car does have felt/moleskin. This is just the drivers door. This doesn't seem to be the problem the 05-07's had. I'm not quite sure the moleskin can be put on the stabilizer bar. I am hoping somebody can confirm the bar can be adjusted or I can attach moleskin to it. Thanks for the reply.

Tight Lines

forum member
Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody else has any ideas as it seems it's common.

Not sure how this got moved to Pimpin it. I don't consider scratches in tint an appearance mod. Smh. Probably why it's not getting much traffic.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Most regulars here view posts by clicking the 'new posts' link, so what forum it's in doesn't make much difference as to whether or not it gets seen. I would assume that most simply have no productive input on the topic.

If mine were doing that I'd be pulling off the door panel and watching it as I rolled the window up and down. Then I would apply some pressure where necessary in order to correct the clearance issue.

Tight Lines

forum member
Reaction score
I hear ya Skwerl. Just hoping before I tore into it I could find out what others have done as far as the fix. I plan to look into it this weekend. Thx.

Mr Nice Guy

Reaction score
Mine is doing that as well.....just realized it couple of days ago. Pisses me off. I really need to pull it apart and try to fix it. I live in Florida and tint is not an option.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back