Window tint spray solution??

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Bought to lay down some tint and want to know what you guys use for lubrication solution mixture to get the tint to slide and cooperate??

Soapy water? I just don't want the solution to etch my lenses if I ever remove the tint so what do you guys use???

Thanks

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
The shop that did mine uses baby shampoo. And rub things down with dryer sheets.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Bought to lay down some tint and want to know what you guys use for lubrication solution mixture to get the tint to slide and cooperate??

Soapy water? I just don't want the solution to etch my lenses if I ever remove the tint so what do you guys use???

Thanks

Waitwaitwaitwait. Etch lenses? Are you tinting headlights?

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
You can use that spray bottle filled with tears of unused mustangs.

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Used dish soap and water to do my lights. The tricky spot is the fog lights because they're curved. Took a heat gun and a lot of patience.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
If you're doing lights, use Lamin-X. Window tint isn't resiliant enough for use on the lamps on the front end of a car. Plus, some brands of window tint will melt and bond to certain lenses and/or coatings and be a royal fuck all to get off cleanly.

Wait, never mind. I was thinking we were talking about a car that saw some mileage...

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
Well if you are tinting the headlights, instead of dimming your usable driving light just open up the headlights and blackout the housing. I did that to my retro fit and it makes the lenses look tinted, but they arent.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score

Easy job with a dab of baby shampoo and water in a spray bottle. Little heat from the hair dryer and presto!!! 8-second headlights!!!!!!!!!:naughty1:

Got some White LED turnsignals on the way to change the ugly yellow junk out.

Thanks for all the input!!!!!:beer:

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
Whaaaaaaaaaaat??????:omfg:

If it's more than a week I'm calling my credit card and canceling. LOL!!

I am not sure where they ship LED's from but all of their HID kits ship from the supplier in China. I am more than happy with my DDM HID kit though. My only issue was the shipping time.

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
So, how much of a PITA was that?
do you have to cut them apart like the SN95s and New Edge headlights?

The tint on my headlights now looks like crap. I think I got some detail spray on one and it just did not agree with it (or something). So I've been thinking of redoing them....but I HATE the diminished lighting.

If it's not too much of a PITA, I totally like the way yours look and would rather "tint" them like that.

Well if you are tinting the headlights, instead of dimming your usable driving light just open up the headlights and blackout the housing. I did that to my retro fit and it makes the lenses look tinted, but they arent.

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
You dont "have" to cut them open. I used my oven set at 225 and it took four rotations to do it. But I also got a second set off ebay so my car wasnt down. I used the Morimoto D2S Mini projectors so had to widen the hole that the bulb was in. The H1 Mini's are a plug and play.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back