• 2. Multi-spoke Sport Edition F10

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • . Other - please enlighten me :)

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Looking into 18's for the ride for the winter.

Going on tirerack.com, choosing the Brembo-pkg Mustang, then choosing "Winter" allows me to pick an 18" snow tire then move over to 18" wheels.
This is the only way I can have that web site allow me to choose 18's for the Brembo-pkg car.

So anyway,
I've narrowed it down to 2 Sport Edition wheels, and I think I like the 5-spoke design better, mostly because of being easier to clean.

What do you guys think?
The 5-spoke TX8, multi-spoke F10, or a different rim altogether?

If a different choice, please recommend which one, but please have it be in the same price range of up-to-about $150/rim.

Thanks guys (and gals :) )

1. Sport Edition TX8 18x8 40mm offset $155 each

se_tx8_s_ci3_l.jpg

rims_Sport-Edition-TX8_18x8_40mm.jpg

2. Sport Edition F10 18x8 40mm offset $134 each

se_f10_s_ci3_l.jpg

rims_Sport-Edition-F10_18x8_40mm.jpg

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I voted "other" I would put all season/winter tires on your 19's and then buy something nicer than stock for the "nice" seasons.

I get that you probably have tires with substantial tread life on your 19's but I would do it that way and the sell the used Pirelli's.

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
I voted "other" I would put all season/winter tires on your 19's and then buy something nicer than stock for the "nice" seasons.

I get that you probably have tires with substantial tread life on your 19's but I would do it that way and the sell the used Pirelli's.

This is what I did. Bought blizzacks last winter for the cold and remounted the Pirelli's to wear them out over this past summer and bought 20" TSW Valancia's for next summer.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Yeah, right now I'm actually shopping for 19" snow tires to install on the OEM rims, then gonna look for 20's for the summer ...

So this thread is a nice little exercise, but I'm most likely not gonna end up with either one of the rims above ... lol

Front-runner in the 19" snow tire category - sized 245/45R19 for a slightly narrower/taller tire - is the Pirelli Winter Carving Edge, but also looking into the Dunlop Graspic DS3 and maybe the Dunlop Winter Sport 3D

DPHC13

Reaction score
I would find some stock rims and put snow tires on them. Look hard enough and you can find great deals... I found some 2008 fan blade rims for 40 bucks. They need tires but hell I cant get the center caps for 40 bucks.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Craigslist can be a treasure trove for finding cheap stock wheels, often with tires on them.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back