WIPLASH's SG 2014 GT

wiplash

Reaction score
Well, mikeyfitz pretty much cornered the market on SG build threads, and this car has Forgestar's on it, so I know it's meh! But, you can check out the GT500 rear valance that's been smoothed and sprayed. I think it's much nicer looking than the black plastic.

I refused to run the stock grilles so they're Roush pieces along with there splitters all around. I did the GT/CS driving lights as opposed to the Roush's, and cut out the lower piece of plastic below them to open it up and once again have less fake plastic showing.

Exhaust is an On3 off-road X, and a GT500 Magnaflow competition axle-back (absolutely obnoxious!). Other than that I'm running a JLT CAI, and a tune from Casey@Apple Racing (awesome trans settings).

I bought this 5 weeks ago but I've had an On3 TT kit sitting in my kids closet since January. I don't see myself having the ambition to put it on until winter, but when I do it'll run on E85 and 8-9psi. I'll tune that myself as I already have the ProRacer Package as well. For this year though I'd like to get an aluminum DS and a converter in it to see if it'll run 11's NA.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• rearside.jpg
    rearside.jpg
    490.1 KB · Views: 93
  • rearcorn.jpg
    rearcorn.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 102
  • frontside.jpg
    frontside.jpg
    489.7 KB · Views: 102
  • frontbrakes.jpg
    frontbrakes.jpg
    492.6 KB · Views: 75
  • rearbrakes.jpg
    rearbrakes.jpg
    500.7 KB · Views: 70

Hani

forum member
Reaction score
Looks really nice. Perfect color combo with these wheels. What tire sizes did you go with?

Any suspension mods done?

wiplash

Reaction score
I'm running Eibach Sportline springs with a Freedom Racing PHB, no other mods at this time but that could change real fast depending on wheel hop.

The wheels are a 19x9 with 274/40/19 Hankook RS-3's, and the rears are 19x10 with 305/35/19 MT DR's. The Hankooks are a real nioce tire, somewhat soft compound so I'd bet a wider rear would hook pretty well with anything under 600whp.

I'm on the fence as to how close the color of the wheels are to the car. I've been taking polls as to whether or not I should have the wheels sprayed 2-3 shades darker to offset it a bit. So far it's 4 "Leave it's" and 1 "Looks good either way". I'm open to your opinions. The tires have been cleaned up more since the pics which tends to seperate the colors better so I'm liking it more and more.

I'll work on an exhaust clip but it's rediculous on the road in a neighborhood, or the highway between 60 and 80.

wiplash

Reaction score
Great looking car. Did you read Greg's nightmare with the on3 tt install?
Not sure if I want to lol! Link? I had plans to make changes to it as it is since I have some different ideas and am set up to tig stainless. But the jist of it is, if the headers and downpipes aren't going to be trouble-free I won't be too happy.

I'd REALLY like to do a big Whipple, but even a 2.9L is about $4K more than this kit!

edit;Just read it. That doesn't seem too bad, but you have to wonder why it's so hard to make the AC line correct? It was on back order for almost 3 months when I ordered because they had to make SURE it fit right. We'll see I guess.

Last edited:

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Great looking ride. Makes me kinda wish I had done the Roush grilles. I just didn't want to drop that kind of coin on upper and lower grilles.

Nice brake set up as well. What brand of center deck lid piece is that? Never seen that one before.

And I wouldn't touch those wheels. They look perfect on your car.

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
I like how the MT's look in the rear, Im just weary with the rate that theyll wear

wiplash

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments guys!

The MT's won't be bad unless you make the power to spin them. I ran them on my 740whp 04GT and I'd still get about 6000 abused miles out of them. That's more than 2 seasons for me. I'd suspect they could get close to 10K on a car that hooks them.

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
Looks great. I really like that front end and think that the way I'm going to go. Those roush grills look nice and I like the cs fogs.

wiplash

Reaction score
Looks great. I really like that front end and think that the way I'm going to go. Those roush grills look nice and I like the cs fogs.
Thanks! The CS fog lights were only $150 and they come with longer pig tails. I couldn't do the Roush fog lights as they stand out too much, they look good on black and DIB IMO though.

stang8psi

forum member
Reaction score
looks great.. word of advice on the tuning.. work with someone to help you.. you can fuck it up real quick and real bad if you just go in thinking it's anything like the 3v's and old 4v's.. get someone to help you with the vct settings and tuning!

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments guys!

The MT's won't be bad unless you make the power to spin them. I ran them on my 740whp 04GT and I'd still get about 6000 abused miles out of them. That's more than 2 seasons for me. I'd suspect they could get close to 10K on a car that hooks them.
thanks for the input, think Ill look into them when I need new tires, one last question for you, how do they handle in the twisties? I realize they wont be ideal but just curious........

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
Love the look you got with that car. I would swap looks in second with you if I could. Looking forward to the exhaust clip.

3.73-11

forum member
Reaction score
Car looks great op, sgm is the color imo for the 2013/14s.
But I may be a bit biased:hi:
As for the car imo to finish it she still needs a shorty ant, and what about adding the matching carbon fiber license insert to match your tru fiber cf blackout panel?
I also have the trufiber cf blackout along with painted am taillight covers and the cdc/rtr vented license insert.
Thanks in advance after seeing yours I definitely need to tint my front&rear side markers.

wiplash

Reaction score
Car looks great op, sgm is the color imo for the 2013/14s.
But I may be a bit biased:hi:
As for the car imo to finish it she still needs a shorty ant, and what about adding the matching carbon fiber license insert to match your tru fiber cf blackout panel?
I also have the trufiber cf blackout along with painted am taillight covers and the cdc/rtr vented license insert.
Thanks in advance after seeing yours I definitely need to tint my front&rear side markers.

Yes! The matching license plate surround is already on its way! I'll look into the shorty antenna too, thanks!

Last edited:

wiplash

Reaction score
Love the look you got with that car. I would swap looks in second with you if I could. Looking forward to the exhaust clip.

If that's your ride in your avatar I'm not sure why you would! I had a white 2010 with the identical look except the hood stripes and got constant complimentS! I still have to hear my wife every other day say how she misses the white one. It's a little hard to hear after the time and effort spent on this new one, lol

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back