WTB 4.6 3v intake plenum cover

gbstang

Reaction score
Intake cover? Not sure what you are asking for,,do you have a picture of what you are looking for??

Miker

Reaction score
The above guy has what you need LOL.
I wanted one bad for my 2005. I ended up getting one with the studs that you need for the front 2 mounts for 128.65 shipped to my door. Here is where I got it.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/192841136213
Although it does dress up the engine compartment I wish I would have purchased a STB instead.

JC SSP

Reaction score
Ok I have a boss 302 style STB for sale. Not sure if it clears the cover but I know it will clear the stock intake.

JC SSP

Reaction score
Yes your looking for the one that looks like what comes on the Bullitt's, but I sent you the Boss 302 to see if it will fit under the intake cover. No worries and good luck.

Samos3

Reaction score
I should edit this, but I'll leave my incorrect statement as is. The stb does NOT fit over the plenum cover. Apologies to anyone that may have rushed out and bought both in the last hour and a half:

Not sure if this helps...
On an 05 thru 09 4.6 3v, the Boss 302 strut tower brace will fit over the Powered By Ford plenum cover...barely...but the stock hood insulation lays on the strut tower brace and when the stock hood is closed, the rear of the hood wants to lift up slightly.
Ideally, aftermarket hood or cut out insulation (maybe).
That Boss strut is a nice stout, heavy item. I just sold one of those and my old plenum cover a month or so ago. I did a test fit, that's how I know.

Last edited:

Samos3

Reaction score
I should really double check myself more often. I went back and looked at my ebay ad. The Boss strut tower brace does NOT fit over the Powered By Ford cover. The rest of what I said is true, though.

Miker

Reaction score
You can buy it brand new for 118.00 all in and that includes the studs for the front you will need. Blue Oval Industries.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back